Thursday, October 8, 2009

Matted and Ready for Framing

This project is one I have been wanting to do for awhile. It has a hidden secret! Looking at the front you see this adorable couple from Sarah Kay exchanging holiday greetings. They are framed with a mat; all they need now is a lovely gold frame to make it a special Christmas accent for a side table or wall. So, what is the secret? Behind the image is a full sized card, lined with white parchment for a personal note. It all fits into a 5 x 7 envelope, ready for mailing or personal delivery.

Images like these are just so beautiful when colored that they are frameable. Every card we make, with a creative layout and pretty embellishments, are works of art and worthy of display.

When I named my creative venture "Made For Keeps" I meant it. What better way to keep a special card than to frame it?

I hope you like my "frameable-mailable" card. Give it a try! I'll bet your recipients will love it!

Thanks for stopping by! Your visits and comments are very much appreciated!

Barb

In God We Trust

4 comments:

Myrt said...

Oh Barb, this is so gorgeous! The richness of the colours bring it all together - great idea "frameable-mailable" card! Fantastic creation, as always.

Carolyn Bounds said...

I LOVE this idea!!!!Your cards are always framed in my house...whether you matte it or not:o) I just love the way you bring your images to life with your incredible coloring skills and eye for color!!! I know this lovely creation will be flying off the shelf to make one very lucky recipient feel extremely special!!! Another stunning work of heArt!!!

Hugs!
Carolyn

Lynette said...

Truly a work of art - amazingly done! So beautiful.

Heather said...

What a brilliant idea Barb, must try this. Your image is so stunningly coloured and your details compliment it perfectly.
hugs Heather xx