Saturday, October 24, 2009

Color Create Challenge #30 -- All White!

If there is one thing I love to do it is to play with color combinations. I usually color up a bunch of images, then match them to paper later.

Well, I found a new challenge called Color Create and had to jump in! So the first week I do the challenge they have --- NO color!! All white, except the image. No problem! I love to do that, too. In fact I had this pretty little note card done a week or so ago but hadn't posted it yet. This is the perfect time.

Now, for whatever reason, the photo decided to take on a pink glow, but, as you can see in the detail shot below, the card really is layers of white.


Beautiful Whiff of Joy Willow is colored with Copics (and I lost my list of colors), my favorite medium. She is sitting pretty on two layers of Nestibilities die cuts, the bottom one embossed with Cuttlebug folder Bubbles. The base layer is Cuttlebug Snowflake embossing folder. The sprigs of fir are Martha Stewart punch.
I do like layers of white and will probably be doing more with my Christmas cards. It is such a clean look and so wintery, too.

Thanks for stopping by! I hope your weekend is full of fun and good weather.

Barb

In God We Trust

8 comments:

Carmen O. said...

OH Barb, This card is GORGEOUS!! Love the embossing and the image is so adorable. Beautiful work!

Dragonlady said...

Hi Barb

This is a beautiful card. Well done on no colour. Nestabilities are great - wish I had some. Really useful when doing something like this. Great colouring.

Hugs Ali x

Heather said...

Hi Barb - fabulous card....gorgeous image and so beautifully coloured (she just 'pops' from the card). Love the layout and the wonderful embossing.
Thanks so much for playing along with us at CC.
hugs Heather xx

Lynette said...

Stunningly beautiful! I love white cards, and you have done it so wonderfully!

SemSee said...

This is just breathraking Barb! Your colouring is stunning (as usual) and I just love all that layered and embossing white. Such a fantastic card! Hugs, Sem xx

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Wow! Stunning card. Those white layers look so pretty and I love your colouring of the image.
Caroline xxx

Mina said...

stunning card Barb, perfect for the challenge...thanks for joining in with the Colour Create challenge
Mina xxx

Myrt said...

Wow, I like the "all white" around the image which just pops right out at ya! Stunning card!