Monday, October 19, 2009

The Glad Bells

On a recent treasure hunt through antique stores I found a couple of very old music books. One was published in 1902 and the other about 1969. I love the yellowed edges, especially in the older book, and the notations from past music directors.

These books didn't contain many Christmas hymns, but this page of "The Glad Bells" is quite seasonal. The page was a perfect fit for a 5x7 mat with a 4x6 opening. Behind the music is a card stock blank for a personal note. I colored "Willow with a Lantern" in Copics and 3d mounted her image on the music. Just a few simple pearls around each corner and I have another mailable-frameable card for Christmas.



The week is starting off great! We have bright sunshine and the leaves are changing to every color in the fall palette. My camera is ready to go!!

I hope your week is off to a terrific start, too! Thanks for stopping by and I hope you return soon.

Barb

In God We Trust

8 comments:

theneon said...

This is just so beautiful and definitely frameable! Now I have an idea for all my old music too. Have a great week!

Dragonlady said...

Hi Barb,

What a fantastic card and a great idea - I think you may have started something!!!

Ali x

Jenilee said...

what a beautiful christmas card! I love it. :)

Chrissie said...

What a beautiful card Barb, I love the idea of the sheet music behind this sweet image, just perfect!

Lynette said...

Another stunning card!!

Catherine said...

Oh my goodness! This card is just gorgeous! Great use of sheet music, and I love the pearl accents, but the way you have expertly colored this image is what really has me drooling! WOW! Truly a work of art and definitely deserves to be framed. Gorgeous!

Heather Huggins said...

Very pretty. I love the song paper idea..

Denise Marzec said...

Wowww! Gorgeous coloring!!