Friday, October 16, 2009

Inky Impressions Challenge #19 and an Anniversary Card

Tonight I have two cards to show. The first is for Inky Impressions Challenge #19 and the second is an Anniversary Card I was commissioned to make.

First, the Inky Impressions card. This week instead of a sketch we have a yummy recipe with lots of sweet ingredients:
- 1 Image
- 1 Sentiment
- 2 Ribbons
- 3 Layers
- 3 Embellishments

I chose the image Lili's Prayer and colored her in the rich fall colors the we love so much this time of year. For one of the layers I used a wide ribbon, luscious with a harvest pattern, then added ribbon #2 of the recipe.

Here are my ingredients for the recipe:
  • 1 Image - Lili's Prayer colored with Copics
  • 1 Sentiment - Autumn Greetings heat embossed with copper powder
  • 2 ribbons - Wide Autumn Print and ecru sheer w/woven edges
  • 3 layers - ribbons, Lili showcased on cardstock die cuts from Nestibilities, Sentiment on die cuts from Nestibilities
  • 3 embellishments - Autumn leaves brads
  • The background paper is new from My Mind's Eye Signature Christmas
Be sure to hop over to Inky Impressions and take a look at the design team's wonderful projects and the participants, too. In fact, why not join in?

--------------------------------------------------
The second card is for my husband's partner to give to his wife for their 20th anniversary. Her favorite color is orange and she loves hummingbirds. I also had the go-ahead to make the card very sentimental. I had a lot of fun with this card and I used the frame-ready matted style that I have come to really enjoy. This card is ready to pop right into a 5 x 7 frame, but I'll let Sam pick that out.

Here is my recipe for this card:
  • Card blank made from peach Bazzill cardstock and attached to oval cut mat
  • Stampabilities Hummingbird stamp colored with Copics (R27, R59, G00, G21, W1, W3, W7, YR21, 100)
  • 2 hearts cut from ivory Papertrey cardstock, embossed with Cuttlebug dotted swiss and script embossing folders, cut with Nestibilities Heart dies.
  • Flower bunches from Michael's wedding department
  • "To Love and To Cherish" stamp (source unknown) heat embossed on Nesties die cut
  • Pearl embellies.
The inside of the card has a heartfelt sentiment computer printed on onion skin paper.

I'm fairly certain that Sam's wife will like this card!

Thank you for stopping by! It has been a busy week and I do have more cards to post. It took some computer shifting to get back to work since my wireless router quit on me and files needed to be transferred to my only PC with internet access at this point. (Isn't it amazing that 20 years ago a home computer was a novelty, but now I literally have more working computers in the house that televisions!)

Have a great weekend!

Barb

In God We Trust

3 comments:

Chrissie said...

Fabulous cards Barb, looks like you've been a busy girl again.
Sorry I haven't visited for a while, I just can't seem to catch up with my 'hopping' lately!

Myrt said...

Hi Barb - both cards are beautiful! I love the rich autumn colours in Inky Impressions and you have coloured her to a "T".

Now, that hummingbird looks real! My word you've done a marvelous colour job on it.

Crystal said...

WOW Both of these are BEAUTIFUL!!!!! Fabulous job with the Inky Challenge this week!! Thanks so much for playing along with us!!