Saturday, October 3, 2009

House Mouse Challenge #53 --- Buttons!

I haven't done a House Mouse challenge for awhile. Actually, I've had the cards made, just didn't get them on the blog in time. Well, this time I am ready! Not only do I have a card for Challenge #53, but also a matching gift tag! The theme is buttons and I have them --- and they are BIG! This was a fun project!

If it seems I'm on a Christmas theme, well, I am, sort of. I need to have a lot of cards in my shop by next month since many people start their card sending right after Thanksgiving. So, this card features those adorable mice busily wrapping a pile of packages. (They must be in a whole different economical universe!)

Making a matching gift tag is a great use of scraps. This tag is a bit large. I'll be making them a tad smaller in the future. The template for the tag is cut with the Cricut. If I use paper scraps rather than card stock, I put a light weight card stock as a backing. The back of this tag is white with plenty of room for the "To" and "From" and a short note.



I'm still on this mission to color the HM & friends with Copics, but I really do have so much more success with the Prismacolors. This image is colored in Copics. In the near future I will be posting images that are a combination of both Copics and Prismacolors. What a great combo that is!
Thank you for stopping by! I hope you hop over to the House Mouse & Friends blog to see what the Design Team has come up with. They are a-m-a-z-i-n-g! Join in the fun, too!
Barb
In God We Trust

6 comments:

Dragonlady said...

Hi Barb

What a stunning card. I love the cute mice and the lovely bright colour you have used. Buttons are fab too.

Ali x

Lynette said...

Oh what a super cute card, Barb - just darling! So well done.

Myrt said...

....awwww Barb - those HM are soooooo cute and coloured to perfection. I think the matching tag is awesome! Love your choice of colours! Thanks for your nice comment on my SSS challenge.

Joan Ervin said...

This is adorable, Barb!!!! Your little HM image is adorable and just look at your gorgeous coloring!!!!! I love how you used the buttons, too....it's so hard to believe that Christmas will be here before we know it!!!!! Have a great day!!!

Heather said...

This is just fabulous Barb, love all your multi-coloured presents and the matching tag. Gorgeously coloured image.
Thanks for playing along with us at HM&F.
hugs Heather xx

Carolyn Bounds said...

Ooooooo!!!! This set is fabulous, and I am loving the ribbon and button treatment on the tag...think I'll be trying that out;o) Honestly, I don't think the tag is too big...it could double as a bookmark...two gifts in one:o) I also love the bright, festive colors you used....SOOOOO CHEERFUL!!!! And your coloring, you should already know how I feel about that--PERFECTION!!!!

Love ya!!!
Carolyn