Thursday, November 19, 2009

Whimsical Wednesday Challenge --- Easel Card

As I was visiting favorite blogs this morning I stopped in at Sandra's at Paper Funtastics. She is a multi-talented artist; be sure to stop by and see her latest creations. One of her posts was an easel card for the Whimsical Wednesday Challenge. I like challenges and I love the easel cards, so, since I have a couple to post today, I thought I would join in this challenge and share it with you as well.

Both of these cards are made with the gorgeous dp Signature Christmas by My Mind's Eye. Pieces left over from one went into the other. No point in wasting such beautiful paper! The flower embellishments are all from a Prima collection. For the bases of the cards I used Bazzill 12x12 card stock, nice and sturdy and wonderfully textured.

The image on this card is the wonderful Sarah Kay Christmas Magic. I love the Old English look of this charming couple. They are colored with Copics and mounted on Nestabilities oval die cuts. And that exquisite ribbon along the bottom is from a box full of ribbons my mom gave me. (Isn't she sweet!) For the "door stop" I cut out the "2425" from scraps and 3D attached it.

The image on the second card is the adorable Henry Mouse with a Large Tea Cup from Whiff of Joy. I actually put hot chocolate in this mug and Henry is generous with the marshmallows! Copics was again my coloring of choice. The ribbon is a wonderful plaid woven that just happened to be a perfect match for the papers and Prima flower. Don't ya just love it when pieces just come together?

I am just crazy about the easel cards and folks I have shown them to love them as well. I think I will be making more in various sizes and shapes. I don't know who the original designer is, but I am eternally grateful!

Thank you for stopping by today! Please be sure to check out the Whimsical Wednesday Challenge and the fantastic designers there.

Barb

In God We Trust

12 comments:

theneon said...

There are definitely made for keeps! Awesome colors -- just delightful.

Denise Marzec said...

Wit Whew!!!! These are AWESOME looking!! Lovin' the gorgeous papers!!

~JulieH~ said...

OH Barb these are absolutely beautiful. I love the vintage feel to these cards and loving your easel cards I need to try one! Wonderful work as always!
Hugs
Juliexx

Chrissie said...

Both gorgeous Barb!
Love, love, love these papers and don't they go beautifully with the images to create that wonderful vintage look?
I think you must have overtaken me on the number of easel cards you've made now!

Lynette said...

Wow - totally amazing as always!! Fabulous!

Mina said...

what a beautiful vintage card Barb, it has a beautiful soft olde world feel to it...beautiful
Mina xxx

Leigh said...

Barb, These cards are absolutely gorgeous! I love the hot chocolate mouse stamp. You have inspired me to use the easel card for my Christmas cards this year. Thank you. I'm afraid I haven't been in the mood much lately but you changed that.

Randi said...

These are both gorgeous easel cards! Such amazing detail. Thanks for playing along with the Diedrich Dare this week!

DonnaMundinger said...

Oh these are sweet Barb! As aways perfect coloring and you have the most GORGEOUS embellies! Great idea using the numbers that way...think I have some of those myself so you may be seeing that same idea soon over at my place :D BTW, I ordered some of those adorable Christmas gnomes. Hope they have fast shipping Never ordered from overseas before. (You enabler you!) xxD

Javablustamper said...

OMGosh!! Your creations are BEAUTIFUL!! Absolutely AMAZING!! WOW!! Ok....I think I am done!! Haha!! I am SO glad you played along with us!! Thank you for sharing your talent!! Have an AWESOME week!


Take care!
Jacquie/Javablustamper!

Jessica Diedrich said...

WOW! This is STUNNING! Such a gorgeous vintage Christmas look. Thank you SO much for playing the Dare this week! So glad you did!

Rebecca Ednie said...

Your ribbon and flowers are FABULOUS. it's all in the details! Thanks for playing with the DareDevils for Whimsical Wednesdays!