Sunday, November 8, 2009

Sunday Sketch & Stamp #15 - Maggie's Sketch

It's a good thing I looked at the calendar! I can't believe 2 weeks have passed already! It's time for Sunday Sketch and Stamp #15 --- Wow, 15! Every challenge we see more and more beautiful projects! Thank you for playing along with us!

Well, this fortnight our fearless leader Maggie has a fabulous sketch for us. I had fun with it and I'm sure you will, too. Here is my card:

I have to tell you about the designer paper! I just got it this week at Michael's. It is DCWV Farmers' Market. The stack has the most creative papers I've seen in a long time and is perfect for the adorable characters I like to use, like the wonderful Willow with a Basket on this card. Also, the paper is 70% recycled and has a wonderful buff color on the back side.

I used two Whiff of Joy images for the front of this card. Willow and the sheaf of corn and grapes for the corner embellishment. Both are colored with Copics.

With the details of the dp I kept the embellishments pretty simple. Just a simple flower in the upper right corner and twine wrapped around the lower part of the card. I like the country harvest feel of this project and I can't wait to use more of the papers!
The inside of the card is quite simple, but I wanted to show the lovely buff color. The tag was cut out from one of the papers in the collection.

Here is Maggie's sketch. Try it --- you'll love it! I hope to see you all in our list of participants. Please be sure to hop on over to the Sunday Sketch and Stamp challenge blog and see the rest of the designers' and guest designers' inspiring projects.

Thanks for stopping by. I'll be hopping around looking at your projects, too!

Barb

In God We Trust

9 comments:

Chrissie said...

Loving this Barb and your sweet little Willow with Muff (one of my faves!)
Adore these papers too and your colour palettes on both of these cards.

Amy Sheffer said...

Fantastic! Love your paper finds and your wonderful coloring!

Marion said...

Wonderful card. So loving those papers. Great image and beautifully coloured.
Marion

Mina said...

wow stunning card Barb...love how you coloured your stamp...gorgeous
Mina xxx

Joan Ervin said...

I am sooo in awe of your coloring, Barb...absolutely gorgeous on that adorable image!!!! I got some new WoJ images for Fall but no time to ink them up...I need to change that, for sure!!!

Carolyn Bounds said...

AMAZING!!! You W*O*W me with each and every one of your fabulous creations, and you are such an enabler!!! You know I am going to have to check out those wonderful papers...right? As if I need more paper...who am I kidding? There is no such thing as ever having enough paper;o)

Lotsa love and Humongous HUGS!!!!
Carolyn

theneon said...

you've captured a delightful look for this one. Your copic coloring makes it look so easy -- beautiful job.

Myrt said...

Oh my, those new papers you purchased are gorgeous.....and Willow is coloured so beautifully. Picture perfect, Barb!

Giò said...

Beautiful card!!! I love the papers and your colouring is perfect!!

Hugs
Giò