Monday, November 23, 2009

Busy Beauties --- Coloring With Chalk

The Busy Beauties are very busy these days! To give you a hint, there are some terrific new releases coming out soon! In fact, there is a sneak peek at the top of my side bar.

Our creative Beauty Grace gave us a challenge for November: to color with C-H-A-L-K. Eek! That's one medium that I have not used since drawing hopscotch on the sidewalks (Am I dating myself here?) Well, like I told Carolyn, I will try anything once. Actually, I ended up doing two Busy Beauties images in chalk. After I completed the first one I realized it is one of the sneak peek images. So, I did one more and placed her on this easel card (my new fave!)

The dp is Sera Fina collection by K&Company. Something about the bright colors and the embedded image of the 20's flapper girl just struck me as the perfect back drop. Then I found the sticker that says "The Perfect Day" and it all came together. Add to that a little sticker vase with some simple flowers for the final touch.

I don't know how often I will be using chalk, but it is part of my creative arsenal now. Here is a close-up of the image. I did add very fine accents with Copics for definition. Not too bad!

Thank you so much for stopping by! Keep an eye out for the Busy Beauties new images! They are amazing!

Barb

In God We Trust

7 comments:

Carmen O. said...

Wow Barb your creation is GORGEOUS! You really got those deep colors with chalk? Amazing! Love it. I thought about using chalk but more of an accent. Hmmm, we'll see if I have time to try and do this before the end of the month. I hope so after seeing your brilliantly colored image!

Chrissie said...

Both your cards look gorgeous Barb, can't believe you managed to get this effect with chalk, I always manage to make such a mess!
The new images look wonderful, can't wait to see more.

Unknown said...

Barb, I am completely blown away by these images done in chalks! WOW,WOW, WOW! They are absolutely gorgeous!

theneon said...

Awesome! It is indeed a perfect portrayal of The Perfect Day --- don't you just love it when it all comes together so perfectly? Chalks you say? I have some of Carolyn's digis and don't know where to begin -- but I guess I'd better get busy with those Busy Beauties! Happy Thanksgiving!

Catherine said...

Gorgeous! Love the papers and colors, and the layout is fab!

Myrt said...

Another beauty, Barb......red is so striking isn't it? Wonderful card.

Niya said...

Aestheticaly marvelous cards.
Love the coloring.

Regards,
image editing