Saturday, November 7, 2009

Whiff of Joy Challenge #54 - Jane's Sketch

Whiff of Joy Challenge #54 is a versatile sketch by designer Jane. It has a bit of a surprise attached! Here is my card:

Here is Jane's sketch:Here is the surprise..... the tag pulls out!

I took Jane's lead and cut out the upper right corner of the sketch to reveal the inside of the card. The sentiment on the tag is heat embossed.

I put a corner pocket inside the card to hold the tag. But you just HAVE to look at Jane's card!! It is a masterpiece, inside and out!

Here is the close-up of the lovely Willow with Muff. She is colored with Copics. I love this image and never tire of coloring her.

Materials:
Image: WOJ Willow with Muff stamped on Papertrey white with Memento Tuxedo Black; colored with Copics.
DP: Signature Christmas from My Mind's Eye
Card Stock: First Blush Collection from Prima
Snowflakes: Hobby Lobby

All in all, the card is free of a lot of embellishments. It was better to let this gorgeous paper take the stage. The sketch, with the cut out, has so much depth.

Jane, thank you for such a fun sketch and the inspiration! I hope I did it justice and I know I will use it again!

Thanks for stopping by. Be sure to hop over to the WOJ challenge blog and see all the wonderful projects from the DT. Don't stop there! WOJ has fabulous new winter and holiday stamps. Take a look here!

It's a beautiful sunny 70s day here in the Missouri Ozarks. I hope you are having a beautiful weekend, too!

Barb

In God We Trust

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

beautiful card! lovely coloring!
Pam Going Postal

Sharon said...

WHat a beautiful card, really pretty as is the image.
Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog.x

Jane said...

Hi Barb! I'm so glad you enjoyed my sketch, it is great seeing what people are doing with it! Your card is stunning, wonderful idea to create a little pocket inside for the tag and have it pull out. Gorgeous colours too! thanks so much for joining in! hugs, Jane xx

Myrt said...

Oh I love this card, Barb! Colour too! Willow is so cute with her muff etc.....absolutely gorgeous, as always.