Monday, November 16, 2009

Whiff of Joy Challenge #55 - Orange, Brown, and Ivory

The Whiff of Joy Challenge this week is a color combo: orange, brown, and ivory. Orange, huh? Hmmm. Orange is probably my least favorite color on the color wheel. Oh, what I won't do for WOJ! Here is my card, with plenty of orange!!

In my last post I mentioned how hooked I am on the easel card. So, yep, here is another one. And, as promised, it has a WOJ image on it. This beautiful image of Willow with a Basket was masked and stamped with the wooden fence background. It really does lend itself well to warm, fall colors and I've done several cards with this image already.

The composition of the card contains many pieces of scrapbook paper from my stash and a couple of blooms from a bunch of silk flowers. The sentiment is heat embossed and serves as the "door stop".

I do like how this turned out, and I hope you do, too! Thanks for stopping by and leave a line or two in the comments so I know you were here. Have a wonderful week!

Barb

In God We Trust

8 comments:

Nancy said...

Oh Barb, I love how you masked the different WOJ images! This is wonderful! I love the easel cards too...made one for my brother for his BD but forgot to take a snap. Your card is just gorgeous!!

theneon said...

Well now, Barb, you are hooked on easel cards and you obviously love Whiff of Joy -- so I am guessing that you are soon to be hooked on Orange -- since you've done such a spectacular job with this challenge.

Marga said...

Gorgeous card! Love all the details and your coloring is stunning!
Thank you so much for joining us this week :)

Mina said...

stunning easel card Barb, how about a tutorial for them, great masking and you used the colours beautifully
Mina xxx

Chrissie said...

What a wonderful card Barb! Love the rich, warm colour scheme on this and your lovely 'scene'.
Aren't these easel cards addictive, but they do look fabulous.

Lynette said...

Your cards are always so amazing, and this is no exception - awesome!!! You have done a fabulous job with orange:)

Myrt said...

Barb, you can make any colour look beautiful! Tis one awesome card!

DonnaMundinger said...

I happen to love orange so this is right up my alley! that wood plank paper is fab too! Darling! xxD