Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Two Color Challenges --- Two Cards

With all the Christmas and Holiday cards I am making right now, there is no shortage of gorgeous papers, fantastic images, and creative sketches! Not to mention the visions of embellies and ribbons that dance in my dreams!

Today I have two cards, each one in answer to color challenges. The first card is for the Copic Creation Challenge to use golds. This was a challenge as in my stash of Copics I have only one that actually says "gold" on it, that is Y28. But I added Y21, Y11, and YG95 to color this adorable image of "Wee and Christmastree", the charming creation of Norma Fickel who is the newest illustrator for Whiff of Joy.

For the card I used gold metallic card stock, gorgeous winter tree ribbon from my stash, and gold cord wrapped around a piece of metallic holly dp. The sentiment is heat embossed on the gold metallic cs. The ornaments on the tree are small gold rhinestones. Lots of gold and lots of texture! It turned out pretty good, I think!


The second challenge is the Colour Create Challenge to work with blue, white and silver. This was much easier for me since I love to work with these colors at Christmastime. I had already colored the wonderful Santa with Gifts from Whiff of Joy and it needed just the right sketch. The sketch is my own which was created as I worked. (You should see the pile of materials after I finally decide what to use!)

The papers are mostly from my stash, and primarily scraps. The ribbon again from my stash. The snowflake flowers are glittery stick-on foam snow flakes attached to Prima flowers with glittery white brads for the centers. I love the swirl of rhinestones. It's like blowing snow. The charm didn't photograph well, but it says "Believe". I believe! How about you?

Other tools used for both cards are my cherished Nestabilities and Cuttlebug.
Thank you for stopping by! I sure hope your week is going well!

Barb

In God We Trust

10 comments:

Mina said...

wow Barb two stunning cards, I love the golds in the first its so elegant looking and the second I love this Santa stamp hes just so cute isnt he
Mina xxx

Myrt said...

....wow Barb, your cards are just "out of this world" - these two are beautiful - "AWESOME"!

Graphicat said...

Wow!! Barb!! These are awesome! I love that first one, and "Im not normally a Gold person! That ribbon you've used is perfect, I thought it was paper at first till I read that it was ribbon. So nice!!! Great job!
Hugs! XOXO

Carmen O. said...

Oh Barb! These cards are stunning, both different styles but oh so pretty. Love everything about them. You color so beautifully! Beautiful work!!!

Janiel/ janny said...

HOLY COW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a beeU-T_FUL card!!!
Love it and you blog is full of them!! I will be back..
Thank you for joining us at Colour Create.
hugs, Janiel

Lynette said...

WOW - these are both so AWESOME, Barb!!! So elegant. I just made a blue, silver and white card last night - maybe I'll check out the challenge:)

DonnaMundinger said...

OMG Barb! You know I'm not much of a stamper but that Wee and Christmas Tree just might make me break down and buy some more. Too cute for WORDS! I'll be sending you my addy. That card may be my all timme FAVE of ALL of yours! (and that's saying ALOT!) Love the Santa too! Thanks for the link to that stamp. Hugs, D

Claire said...

Both cards are fab Barb! I've refrained from buying any of those little gnome stamps as yet but I love them so much!

Chrissie said...

Yes Barb, I definitely believe!
Love both of these cards, but I'm IN LOVE with that gold one, absolutely stunning!

Jane Wetzel said...

OMG...LOVE this! Your coloring is GRRREAT! :)