Sunday, September 13, 2009

Whiff of Joy Guest Designer Call!!

Here's a very exciting opportunity! Whiff of Joy is having a Guest Designer call! As an avid fan of these remarkable stamps it would be such a thrill to be part of the incredible team that turns the images into works of art.

Ever since I received the new fall kit I have been coloring like crazy. So, rather than try to choose just one image for a card, I chose three. Thus, three cards. I have used all the images so far and just can't pick a favorite!

Here is the first card featuring "Willow with Grapes" and the "Fall Corner" (I guess that makes four images). I love the vintage harvest feel of this stamp and like to draw color from the grapes.


Materials:
Copics: Skin E000; Hair E31, E33; Dress G00; Apron E33; Grapes and Leaves BV08, R59, B32, YG25, YG67
Papers: Vintage prints from stash
Flowers: Primas with ivory roses.
Embellies: Gold self-stick pearls and pewter sentiment.

-----------------------------------
The second card features "Willow Seated with Bread". I found the background paper with such full rich autumn colors and everything just came together.


Materials:
Copics: Skin E000, Hair E77, YR24; Blouse E07; Apron YR24; Pants YG95; Linen B0000; Bread - a variety till I found what worked!
Flower and leaf: from a fall bunch from Michaels, but I added the metal flower center for sparkle.
Papers from my autumn stash
Sentiment is embossed in white
---------------------------------

Card #3 is for a little boy I know who is having a birthday. The stamp is "Sitting Farmer Oakley" who is so cute! Oakley is sitting on an actual pocket. Quite some time ago I bought a bunch of these pockets on sale, knowing they would come in handy some day. Well, that day has finally arrived. The pocket has a velcro seal at the top so little gifts can be safely hidden inside. I inserted a little card here.



Materials:
Copics: Skin E000, E02; Hair E08; Hat E37, E41, YR24; Shirt B99, B45; Overalls E07, E11, E33
Papers: 7 Gypsies

So, these are my entries for the Guest Designer Call. I hope they stand up to the fantastic entries already submitted. If you know me, you know I love Whiff of Joy and I would be so honored to be in the company of such creative people. So, please wish me luck!!

If you love WOJ and want to be a part of their team for the next few months, pop on over to Katarina's blog for the details and enter your cards and projects!

Thanks for stopping by!

Barb

In God We Trust

3 comments:

Heather said...

Love all three of them Barb. Think I like Oakley best, although I love the fall colours of the middle card and the beautiful Willow with grapes of the first. Your details on all of them are truly stunning.
hugs Heather xx

Lynette said...

So beautiful - all of them! Good luck - I sure hope you are chosen - you would do such an awesome job for them!

Myrt said...

Barb, as always, all 3 cards are beautiful. Your colouring is something else and background papers have helped bring out the richness of those beautiful colours. I wish you all the luck in the world, my friend.