Sunday, September 27, 2009

Sunday Sketch and Stamp Challenge #12 --- My Sketch!

I haven't been a very good blogger lately; no post for over a week! Shame on me! But I hope I make it up with today's post.

Sunday Sketch and Stamp is on Sketch #12 already! This week the sketch is mine --- whoo hoo --- I went a little Christmasy and a lot sparkly. Below is the sketch and though it looks very Christmasy you can adapt it to fit whatever occasion you wish!

Now, here is my card:

.... and a close-up:


I started with a blank white card base and covered the front with a bright gold moire metallic paper. The white tag is cut from glitter paper --- very snowy! The tree is from the Tree and Poinsettia stamp set at Impression Obsession, as it the poinsettia on top of the tree. I colored the tree with Copics then coated it with Pine Shimmerz. With diamond Stickles I followed the lines of the stamp on the tree, then added white glitter snowflakes die cuts and red rhinestones. The poinsettias in the lower corners are from Prima and are gorgeous. I made the bow with wired ribbon (I love gingham at Christmas) and set it on a bed of pine boughs made with the MS punch. A few more sparkles and some Joy, and there you have it!
I apologize for the yellowish color and blur in the photos. I guess all the glitz and glimmer was just too much to focus on! But I hope you get the idea and enjoy the card, nonetheless.
Now, off you go to Sunday Sketch and Stamp! You won't want to miss the other designers' cards and some big announcements!
Thank you for stopping by! Here's wishing you a wonderful week!
Barb
In God We Trust

9 comments:

Maggie Bob said...

This is a great card Barb - full of Christmas luxury. Thanks for your great sketch too!

xx

Lynette said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I love all the sparkle - so beautiful.

Myrt said...

Oh Barb, like I said in my e-mail this morning, I just knew your card would be a knock-out and that it is! .....and look at the terrific sketch to work with - my dear friend, your work is sooooooooo awesome!

jude said...

Love your Sketch and card so glad i came across the blog ,hopefully will get my crafty friends to join in too.!Your blog is FAB!thanks for message .
hugs judex

Stef H said...

hi barb! first, thanks sooooo much for visiting my blog and for your lovely comment. it was nice to see you there. oooooooo i play in the sunday sketch & stamp - sometimes - as lately my plate has been overflowing, but i do visit the site weekly! and your sketch is fabulous!!! and the card - WOW!!! it's gorgeous.

hubby is from tulsa and has relatives in branson, mo. i LOVE branson. and you can't beat the ozarks in the fall either!

have a great day!

Chrissie said...

I just love this Barb, gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!!!!

Heather said...

An absolutley gorgeous card Barb - it just exudes the feel of Christmas. Wonderful image and fabulous details. Hope to be joining you this week as I absolutley love your sketch.
hugs Heather xx

DonnaMundinger said...

wow this is positively YUMMY Barb! Great sketch and your take on it is inspiring! xxD

Lauri said...

What a beautiful card!!!! and I love the sketch!!! This card really reminds me of Christmas!