Friday, September 18, 2009

Whiff of Joy Challenge #48 - Heather's Sketch

This week's Whiff of Joy Challenge is a fabulous sketch by Heather. Her sketches are always so interesting and fun! I've been coloring a lot of images from new Fall Stamp Kit! I love 'em so much! So, you might have seen "Willow sitting with a loaf of bread" in my last post; she is one of my favorites.

Here's my card, again in keeping with the autumn season. This DP has more rose color, but I couldn't get very good lighting for the photo tonight.

All the edges are distressed then touched with walnut alcohol inks. When I do Heather's sketches I like to add lots of textures and colors.

Materials:
Copics: Skin E000, E02; Hair E41, E53; Blouse YR0000, YR00; Apron YG03; Jeans YR21, YR24; Straw Y21, E33; Towel B000, B34.
Paper: K & Company
Flowers: Prima from Michaels
Brads: Autumn collection from Oriental Trading
Twine

And here is Heather's sketch! I just hope I did it justice.
Thanks for stopping by! Please feel free to leave your comments. It's nice to know you were here. Oh, and don't forget to hop over to the Whiff of Joy Challenge #48. You've just gotta see the design teams' projects! Be sure to add your own, too!
The WOJ Guest Designer Call is coming to an end in just a few hours. I think I'll add this one, too.
Barb
In God We Trust

11 comments:

Graphicat said...

Great Card Barb!! Love your colouring and the Fall theme. Fall is my fav time of the year!
I noticed we share the same birthday! Happy Bday on October 5th!! ;o)
Hugs
Cheri

Heike said...

wow..............I cant´t say enything else..............
Hugs, Heike
PS: I tooked the same stamp...

Lauri said...

That is a challenging sketch and you really pulled it off! I love your style and how you carry the style through all the elements...coloring, paper, embellishments and inking.

Joan Ervin said...

You sure aced this challenge, Barb...I love the sketch and your coloring on that adorable image is FABULOUS!!!! Love all the awesome details you added, too!!!

Dragonlady said...

Hi Barb

I love how you have put this card to gether - so many layers too. Gorgeous image.

Ali x

Mina said...

gorgeous Barb, I love your gorgeous colouring of this beautiful WOJ bread girl...stunning
Mina xxx

Denise Marzec said...

Ohhhhhh my goodness, GORGEOUS coloring! WOW WOW WOWWW!

Heather said...

This is just so bstunning Barb. Beautifully coloured, beautiful colours and gorgeous details.
Great use of the sketch - I really wanted to do this one, but too late was the cry - I seem to be permanently meeting myself coming back these days.
hugs Heather xx

Myrt said...

Oh my, Barb - tis a lovely card and don't you just love Fall Colours. Your colouring is superb and what a darling image. I love the distressed look - I must learn how to do that. Quite a sketch to follow but you most certainly did it justice!

DonnaMundinger said...

This is absolutely GORGEOUS Barb, as are all of the fabulous things I've missed. Where does the time go? Love all of the harvesty Willows and that pocket card is the cutest! Love everything here! xxD

Heather Huggins said...

Wow it's beautiful!! Thanks for trying my sketch!