Thursday, July 29, 2010

Happy Birthday, Audrey!

I shared this card on Mo Manning's Facebook a few days ago and now I will reveal who I made it for, as the wonderful birthday girl has received it.


For the first time in 24 years I get to celebrate my step-daughter's birthday.  Confused?  Well, it's a simple story, really, and what is important --- and the best part --- is now.  Without filling in the details, Audrey became part of my life when she was 11 years old and I watched her grow to be a young woman off to college.  Things happened, 1600 miles separated us, then 24 years later Audrey found me on Facebook.  She also found that I now live about 70 miles from her.  We reunited a few months ago, I met her wonderful husband and two beautiful daughters, and we have spent hours and hours catching up.  Having her back in my life is truly one of my greatest blessings, for me and my family.  I'm so proud of her and love her so much!


Happy Birthday, Audrey!

(The image is Mo Manning's Penelope's Party Wagon, which I colored with Copics.  The DP, rub-on swirls, and butterflies are from K&Co Wild Saffron collection.) 

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a wonderful weekend planned!

Blog Signature

2 comments:

Jeni said...

So happy for you! Beautiful card, I'm sure she adored it ~jeni :)

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

Well Praise God! That is wonderful Barbara!!! I am so happy for you both... this made me cry!!!
JAW DROPPING AWE INSPIRING CARD!!! You can tell you put your heart into this one for sure

Love ya, have a great weekend full of smiles.