Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Bah! Humbug! Challenge #28 --- A Christmas Scene

This week at Bah! Humbug! the "Trio of Tinsel" --- that would be Max, Irene, and Ann --- have challenged us to create a project with a Christmas Scene.  I love receiving Christmas cards with a lovely holiday or wintry scene, especially those with lots of snow!


For my card I mixed media.  The illustration of the father and son carrying evergreen boughs for the wreath is from Mo Manning and I could see it on a background of snow-covered trees in an open field.  I found the perfect background in the graphics of Print Shop 21, which I usually use for my labels, business cards, and such.  I added crystal Stickles to the snow on the branches and the boughs for lots of sparkle.  The image of father and son are colored with Copics and is mounted on the background with 3-D foam. Lesson learned here:  natural light is perfect for photographing the card, but when it is too close to dusk that 3-D mounting casts a long shadow!  The Merry Christmas ribbon is from my stash.


I love the little boy looking over his shoulder!

Now that we are nearly through July those of us who make lots and lots of cards for friends and family, or, like me, for sale in a shop, are going into full gear to have enough cards for the season.  I love that I already have 25 brand new cards already!  Hop on over to Bah! Humbug! and see the beautiful projects by the DT, and add yours to the comments!

Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you are having a happy week!

Blog Signature

7 comments:

Pink Dandelion said...

Wow this is fantastic. I love Mo's images and you have made a great 'scene' card with it.
Take Care Debs xx

Rita said...

What a Beautiful card. Your colouring is fantastic. Hugs Rita xxx

Annie said...

Oh Barb I cannot get over how absolutely perfect the colouring is on this - the whole scene is just amazing. I really thought it was a printed image. Just absolutely beautiful.
Ann xxx
Bah! Humbug! DT

Max said...

What a beautiful card Barb ... love all the sparkle on the snow and your positioning of the image is perfect to suggest them just coming out of the woods with their chosen tree - although the little boy looks like he's just spotted one he likes better LOL!
Your description of us being a 'Trio of Tinsel' brought a smile to my face - in the hope that it refers to how we sparkle rather than that you'd like to hang us up LOL! Thank you for sharing with us at Bah! Humbug! and for your ongoing loyalty to our weekly challenges.

Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx
Max's Craft Creations
Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT

CraftyC said...

This is gorgeous Barb, and well done on your win!
Clairex

Nancy said...

I love this card! Great scene, and beautiful coloring!
Congrats on the WOF win!

Irene said...

Hello Barb

Ow Wow you card is just stunning and so beautiful and a perfect Christmas Scene for our challange.
I love how you have combined graphics and hand crafting ,your image is fantastic and coloured perfectly.

Thank you so much for joining in our latest challange at Bah! Humbug!

Love the new blog layout !!!!

luv
irene
xxxx