Thursday, July 15, 2010

Digital Pencil Too Challenge #40 --- Masculine Theme

It would seem that I had fallen off the crafting planet lately. Nope! Just haven't been organized enough to keep up with everything. What I've missed most are my favorite challenges. So, beginning today, I am going to attempt to make a card on the day the challenge is announced, not cram it in at the last minute. I have enough images already colored I should be able to do that -- I think!


So, Mo Manning's DP2 challenge theme this week (as posted today) is masculine. Several weeks ago I colored each of the Big Guy illustrations with the intention to make Father's Day cards. I didn't get them all made up. But, that meant that I had some pieces set to go today.

Here's the Big Guy, obviously proud of his "Prize Winning" tomatoes. The dp "Farmers Market" by DCWV was perfect for the theme. Big Guy is colored with Copics and the embellies add sparkle, even on one of the tomatoes.

A couple of weeks ago I had a card all pieced together for the DP2 theme "Fabric" but it sat on my drafting table, unfinished.  I just couldn't push it aside to do today's card so I finished it first.  This image is so funny and brings back memories of my own baby fine hair flying in all directions at the whim of static electricity!  The fabric piece is the tulip print, actually a woven ribbon that I backed with a piece of white card stock to show it off.  Tulips, balloons, bright buttons in yellow, orange and green --- definitely signs of summer! 


I just couldn't let this card go without posting it.  I hope it makes you smile, too.


Summertime, as defined by the school schedule here, is already half over.  But there is plenty of heat and summer sun this week!  I hope your summer is fun, with plenty of time for your favorite recreation activities.

Thanks for stopping by!

Blog Signature

6 comments:

Elaine L. said...

Both of these are just wonderful! Love all the fun details. Thanks for sharing them with us in Mo's Challenge this week.

The Wired Angel said...

Wonderful cards, Miz Barb!! Love them all. So glad to see you here again with us. Thanks for playing along with us at Mo's challenge this week~~ Hugs, Peggy x

Lorie said...

Wonderful cards, Barb! I love them both!! Your Big Guy card reminds me of my grandpa back in the day pampering those tomatoes so we could enjoy them for a long time, and your second card does indeed make me smile! Thanks for the blessing of inspiration each and every time I visit! You're amazing!

Love ya,
Lorie

Christine said...

your cards are beautiful!
little angel

Barb Smith said...

Both cards are well done but I love the farmer card. Great job.

Barb from Toronto, Canada

Cathy said...

Barb, your cards are wonderful. Thanks for taking time to play the Mo's Digital Pencil Challenge!!