Wednesday, March 16, 2011

When Real Life Gets In the Way


Contrary to what others might think, we all do have a real life -- really!  Sometimes that real life spills over into our creative life -- what a bummer!  That's what has happened to me this week, but real life is a good thing, especially this week.  DH was home for a few days -- a good thing!  My step-daughter was in town for 3 days and we celebrated the first anniversary of our reunion. We had lost touch for 24 years and now live within 2 hours of each other. It's a great story; I'll have to write about it someday. Also, my darling son persuaded me to join a Fantasy Baseball League so I was studying stats last night, picking out players and preparing for a live draft pick tonight.  It's a good thing I do like baseball! I also have some wedding prep assignments to cover. And, being the designated family travel agent (because I know my way around Expedia) I am shopping for best air fares for my brother's trip to the wedding in July. Then there are the taxes to prepare (yuk), packages and cards to post, photo shoots to book and merchandise to list online.  Whew!

What this is all leading up to is that I am missing out on some of my favorite challenges for a few days and not getting around to visit and comment on my favorite blogs very much this week.  But I am thinking of each of you and blurfing when I can.  My day doesn't go well without my coffee and blogging buddies! 

It's a great time of year!  Warm weather is on the way and bringing the flowers, leaves on trees and birds' singing.  It's all tempered with the tragedy in Japan and I pray that all mankind set aside differences and provide prayers and whatever aid each person can to help the relief efforts.


Have a blessed day!


Blog Signature

4 comments:

Victoria said...

glad you have had a lovely week even though no blogging and agree such a tragedy in Japan

Lynette said...

Enjoy life! Beautiful photos. Sure wish we had flowers instead of snow:( We're working on getting rid of it, though - very slowly!

DonnaMundinger said...

Wish I could do that. So why can't I? LOL Enjoy, hon! Gorgeous pix! xxD

Max said...

We're always delighted to see you join in with our challenges but understand only too well how sometimes, there are just not enough hours in the day to do all that we want to and we have to prioritise.
Hard to believe that Mother Nature can be so incredibly cruel, as the tragedy in Japan has shown us all, and yet amazingly beautiful at the same time, as you've demonstrated with these photos. Such extreme opposites which we humble beings will never be able to understand.
Can't wait to hear about your reunion and the story behind it - but then I'm a really nosy beggar lol!
Look forward to seeing you whenever that may be xxx

Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx
Max's Craft Creations
Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT