Wednesday, February 9, 2011

I Think I'm Too Ooooollldd for This ,,,,,,,, OOPS!

It is just amazing how fast the digistamp market has grown! The world is full of brilliant artists. And I can always count on my dear friend Chrissie to lead me to more fun images than I can shake a Copics at! We discovered early in our friendship that we have much the same likes in images. She also makes awesome cards for several design teams and challenges. Last week my niece and I were exploring some of my favorite blogs and stopped dead in our tracks when we saw Chrissie's cards for the Sketch 'n' Stash challenge.  Both are terrific and Alexis and I both went crazy for the Kenny K images.  Well, we hopped right over and filled our shopping cart with several, including "Skate Chick" for this card.

This reminded me of the days I wanted to try in-line skates but never got around to it.  Actually, the bad luck I had with roller skates was a deterrent, too.  After I colored this image I envisioned bold colors and a simple layout.  I cut the serpentine curve on the red, aqua, and orange cs, then ran them as a unit through the Cuttlebug 5" x 7" Art Deco embossing folder.  The card base is black. It was easier to lay the colored pieces on top of the black than to try to make skinny curves to lay on top!  The two Nesties Wonky Squares are cut from the same black cs as the card base.

The image is colored with Copics with touches of silver metallic gel pens on the earrings and arm bands.  Opaque white adds action and shine highlights.  This image is great fun, and I have a few more to color. 

I have to say many thanks to Chrissie for her inspiration and encouragement.  Please pay her a visit.  You won't be disappointed.  Thank you for stopping by today.  I appreciate your time.

Blog Signature

1 comment:

Chrissie said...

Just love what you've done with this card Barb, it screams 'fun'!!
Thanks so much for your kind comments about my cards, what a sweet friend you are.
Your colouring just gets better and better as seen on this cutie pie.
lol Chrissie xx