Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Bah! Humbug! Challenge #6 --- Doilies!

This is my second post today! I made three cards last night for challenges and wanted to get them posted well before the deadlines -- what a concept!  So, this card is for the Bah! Humbug! challenge calling for the use of doilies.  Oh, goodness, wait till you see the DT cards over at BH Hall!  But first, here is mine:

I must say, I never thought a simple paper doily could look so elegant.  This was very simple: red cs for the card base, moire metallic gold cs, and black cs.  Then add a gorgeous rhinestone swirl and a glittered velvet paper poinsettia.  The poinsettia is from a bag of various sizes that I have had for a couple of years and didn't keep the label, but isn't it gorgeous?  The sentiment is a gold peel-off, part of a bag full of goodies I won from Bah! Humbug! last year.  It would look better if I'd put it on straighter -- those little suckers stick!


I would love to give credit for the sketch where credit is due.  Unfortunately, I merely printed it and forgot to note the challenge.  Now I can't find it, but it is a lovely sketch and I thank the creative genius who shared it.

Your visit here made my day!  Thanks for coming and be sure to scroll down to see my earlier post, a Valentine for a teacher.  Tomorrow I will be part of a blog hop with the Facebook D.I.V.A.S.  You'll want to come back for that one, too!

Blog Signature

6 comments:

Graphicat said...

This is gorgeous! I keep seeing doilies on cards and Im loving it more and more! Might haveta get some. :) Wonderful!!
Monster kitten says Purrrrrrr!!
Hugs
Cheri

Happileigh Scrappin' said...

WOW Barb, this is beautiful. Bling, Bling, Bling, love it.

Chrissie said...

This looks gorgeous Barb, I'm glad you made it before the deadline sweetie.
lol Chrissie xx

Max said...

Oh Barb ... no wonder you are chuffed with this card. The layout is fabulous and all the colours and components work beautifully together. A real stunner. Thank you for sharing with us at Bah! Humbug!

Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx
Max's Craft Creations
Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT

Annie said...

Hi Barb - love the combination of the doilie and the poinsetta - looks fab. The poinsetta really pops out of that doilie.
Ann xxx
Bah! Humbug! DT

Runnergirl Creations said...

Looks great! I really like how the bling accents the flower! Great job! :) Blessings!