Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Bah! Humbug! Challenge --- Silhouettes

This week's challenge over at Bah! Humbug! is silhouettes.  Very interesting -- and a spelling quiz in the bargain!  At first I was stumped for ideas, although the DT at BH has some very clever ones.  Thank goodness I reorganized all my stamps last week and remembered seeing a set of clear stamps from Inkadinkadoo. 

I stamped the images with embossing ink and used Stampendous Opaque White embossing powder.  Easy peasy!!  A quick tie of the gorgeous snowflake ribbon and voila!  Done!  The card is 5 x 7 inches and is green speckled card stock.  I know I should do the inside at the same time, but being pressed for time that will have to wait.  I might do more of these, too, and I can do all the liners at once. 

Thanks for stopping by today.  I'm sure that with the temperatures climbing to summer levels it is a bit hard to think of Christmas.  Making Christmas cards --- what a fun way to cool off!  Come December I'll have a pile of cards all ready to go.  So, if you haven't joined the fun at Bah! Humbug!, what's stopping you?   

Blog Signature

5 comments:

DonnaMundinger said...

Oh that's gorgeous Barb, and it reminds me that I may have that stamp...somewhere. LOL Love it! xxD

Max said...

Hi Barb,
I also have that stamp set and the detail is fabulous isn't it? The white against the dark green is stunning and that lovely white ribbon looks positively perfect. Thank you for being so loyal to our challenges - it is always much appreciated.

Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx
Max's Craft Creations
Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT

Annie said...

I haven't got that stamp set but oh my it is on my wish list. Totally gorgeous and brilliant to stamp in white too. A really stunning contrast.
Ann xxx
Just for Fun
Bah! Humbug!

Irene said...

Hello Barb

Wow, a beauty of a card just stunning and gorgeous, and sooooooooo perfect for our challange. I love the image as the speckled green enhances it.

Thank you so much for joining in our latest challange.

luv
irene
Bah! Humbug!

Myrt said...

Don't you just love silhouettes? .....and what a beautiful card you have made here with just that!