Monday, May 31, 2010

My Son's Birthday Card

This Thursday is my son's 36th birthday.  I don't know how he got that old!!  It's like the soap operas where a baby grows to teenager in a record 5 years and becomes an adult a mere 5 years later.  Then they never age for 20 years -- still having babies, too!  Well, that must be what happened here!

Anyway, I am posting my son's card tonight with no fear that he will see it before I take it to him this week.  He never reads my blogs! 

The sketch is one that I saved from Mojo Monday.  I love all the shapes and opportunity for textures and patterns.  The paper came from Latte Matstock by DCWV.  Great colors and designs.  The quote by Aristotle is a Stampin' Up stamp I've had for years.  The flower impression is from Hero Arts that I used embossing glitter on.  Topped off with paper piercing and pearls for style, but I hope is still suitable for a man.  The border is MS iron fence.  The flower design on the bottom half is actually on the paper and I added tiny pearls in the centers.  No coloring at all on this card! 



I love being Scott's mom!  Happy Birthday, son!

Blog Signature

2 comments:

Lynette said...

What a great card, Barb! Time sure does fly, doesn't it? My daughter will turn 35 this year.

Myrt said...

Love these colours, Barb....DP's are gorgeous and all the necessary embellies to make it look totally awesome!