Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Bah! Humbug! Challenge --- Snowflakes

Ok, so I did get in 3 posts today.  I guess I just couldn't wait to get this little guy colored and posted for the Bah! Humbug! Snowflake challenge.  The illustration is "Kai in the snow" by Mo Manning.  As you can tell, I am a "Mo Addict" but since I discovered her after last Christmas, I haven't collected many seasonal images.  With the snowflake theme this week I knew Kai would be perfect, so a-shopping I went!  I love digis for the instant gratification!

Here is Kai:

Isn't he adorable?  I colored his snowsuit a bright red using Copics and stayed with the red/white scheme for the whole card.  The white background is glitter cardstock, though it didn't photograph very sparkly.  I used the Martha Stewart punch-around snowflakes set (love these!).  The large snowflakes are also MS punch, one in white glitter and 2 in metallic star paper. There is some glitter tinsel scattered around Kai.  I made the sentiment on the computer using CK snow font.

We are hitting the 80's here in Missouri, but come December Kai will be saying......


So, there is my Christmas fix for this week!  Aaahhhh! Where're the eggnog and candy canes?  For more holiday inspiration be sure to visit the Queens of Christmas over at Bah! Humbug!  Thank you so much for stopping by...... again!

Blog Signature

6 comments:

Leigh said...

Oh Barb, This is so cute. Don't ya just want to hug him?! Your card makes me smile. Great coloring too.

Max said...

Awwwww bless what a wonderful image and a beautiful card. Thank you for sharing with us at Bah! Humbug! this week.

Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx
Bah! Humbug! DT

Myrt said...

...awwww....what a darling image and you coloured him so nicely (as always) - I love the red and white colour scheme - perfecto, my friend.

Irene said...

Hello Barb

Not too sure what happened but I think I lost my previous post.

Such an adorable image and prefectly coloured in, with fabulous colours and design.

Thank you so much for joining in our latest challange.

luv
irene
Bah! Humbug!

Annie said...

oh you do make me giggle 'queens of Christmas' indeed!! what a fabulous card though - Mo Manning's images are fabulous but you have to have talent (which you have in abundance) to colour them beautiful and this is just gorgeous.
Hope you'll have chance to join us again - our new challenge is food so it might be time to break out the 'eggnog and candy canes' this week.
Ann xxx
Bah! Humbug!

DonnaMundinger said...

Precious! Love the red and white and the image is so so sweet! Love it! xxD