Friday, February 19, 2010

Mo's Digital Challenge #19 --- Clean & Simple

This is, indeed, my second post tonight!  I just couldn't wait to post this card!  Mo's Digital Challenge this week is "Clean & Simple", not an easy task for me! Here are the specifics:  white or cream card stock, the Mo Manning image of our choice, and a ribbon.  That's it!  What? No layers?? What will I do?  Hmmm.... how about the elegance of a wedding card?  Mo's "bride and groom" illustration is so exquisite that it doesn't need much more than a simple ribbon embellishment.  The beauty of digital stamps is positioning them on the card stock and getting the size I want, then printing in one step!

In this case I chose the ribbon first and matched the bustle on the bride's gown to the lavender butterflies on the ribbon.  I used Copics BV01 and V00 for the bustle.  The gown is lightly colored with E000 and E00.  My computer monitor is showing these hues to be much bolder than in actuality.  For example, the bride's hair is quite a bit lighter than I am seeing here.  But I did use Copic Spica glitter pens on her hair and bustle, which might be distorting the colors somewhat.  In any case, with a parchment liner this card will be put aside for the next wedding.  I think I might sneak a lavender butterfly embellie in the white area under the word "Wedding" later.  (grin)

Thank you for stopping by and for your kind comments.  I hope you have lots of love in your life!

Blog Signature

11 comments:

Dawn B. said...

This is so elegant and beautiful. I would have never thought to use this image..Terrific job and thanks for joining us at Mo's this week.

Elaine L. said...

Beautiful! Perfect image for the challenge. Thanks for joining us at Mo's This week.

TARJA L said...

Oh, this is so elegant and beautiful card. I love it!

Lynette said...

Fabulous!!

Mina said...

beautiful Barb, I love simple clean cards like this...beautifully coloured too
Mina xxx

Denise Marzec said...

BEAUTIFUL image and colors!

Carolyn Bounds said...

Barbara...with no layers?!?! What?!?!;o) Oh my goodness...you do clean and simple beautifully!!! Your magnificent coloring is definitely showcased in this lovely creation:o) I love the delicate touch of sparkle and the fabulous ribbon!! You totally ROCKED this challenge, girlfriend!!!

Big HUGS!!
Carolyn

Myrt said...

Oh Barb, this is so stunning and elegant! Your colouring is superb - love everything about this card!

Joan Ervin said...

Your wedding card is simply elegant, Barb....such gorgeous coloring and you used the perfect ribbon!!!!!

♥ Lydia ♥ said...

A beautiful card, using a perfect image! Thanks for joining in with Mo's challenge this week x

DonnaMundinger said...

Gorgeous Barb! You showed magnificent restraint! LOL xxD