Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Bah! Humbug! Challenge # 5 --- Holly

Bah! Humbug! Challenge this week is HOLLY!  What plant is more identifiable with the holidays than holly?  This theme coinsided with my own plan to work on recycled cards so when I ran across a gorgeous card with holly on the front, well, it just made sense to use it for the challenge, too.
 
The old card was oversized and the entire holly design was even larger than 5"x7", so I cut out the holly and divided it into pieces.  I placed the larger piece on Kraft paper, much like the original card.  Then I added shiny gold ribbon with thin red ribbon laced through it. Red rhinestones on some of the berries made a nice finishing touch, although I think I will add a lovely "Merry Christmas" at the top. As for the remaining pieces of holly........

.... it works well to cover the seam of the ribbon on the inside of the card.  The sentiment is from another card and is accented with tiny red rhinestones.  A nice easy way to make sure the inside of the card is finished, too!

Thank you for stopping by today!  I hope your week is going well.  Be sure to hop on over to Bah! Humbug! and take a look at the DT's wonderful creations. 

Blog Signature

4 comments:

Myrt said...

Wow, amazing what one can do by recycling Christmas cards - this looks lovely, Barb and the red rhinestones just give it that extra touch.......lovely ribbon too!

Annie said...

wow love the way you have finished off the inside of the card. What a great idea- love it. Great to see someone recycling too - I've put my cards on one side to do things with but not got round to it yet.
Thanks for joining us at Bah! Humbug! again and for your lovely comments. Much appreciated - good luck in this week's draw.
Ann xxx

Irene said...

What an amazing card, it's gorgeous. The holly is gorgeous and I love how you have threaded the ribbon through the gold. The colours are so rich and elegant.

Thank you for joining us at Bah!Humbug!

luv
irene
xxxx

DonnaMundinger said...

Holly AND recycling! You clever girl! LOVE it! xxD