Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Whiff of Joy Challenge #62 --- Jane's Sketch

It's not often that I get a card made on the first day of a challenge, but when I saw Jane's sketch for the Whiff of Joy Challenge this week, I knew immediately which image I was going to use. 


I colored this gorgeous Bride Willow as soon as I received it and have had it in my file of colored images for just the right project.  Jane's sketch, with the diagonal "sash" of ribbon or other media, brought to mind a veil.


I did try using white tulle for the sash, but it was just too stiff.  I do like how the ribbon worked out though.  The easel card is one of my favorite presentations, so that meant doing a bit more than just the front of a card.  No problem!  I have lots of embellies that I get from the bridal department at Michael's.  Did you know that you can get bunches of small flowers and pre-made bows at a really reasonable price in the bridal department?  Great clearance items there, too!




Ok, for more on the details:
Cardstock:  Report Cover stock from Paper Plus office supplies (still looking for a handier source)
Image colored with Copic B0000 in the dress and a variety of YRs for the hair.
Flower Soft "Sweet Pea"
Circles and flower die cuts from Nestabilities
Sentiment, cross, and doves from K&Company wedding 3d stickers
White flowers and ribbons from the Michael's bridal department

Jane provided us with a very challenging sketch, but, as you can see by the DT and the participants, some of the most creative artists in the blogosphere have risen to the challenge in an awesome way.  Be sure to hop over to WOJ and take a look, then add yours to the gallery!

Thanks for stopping by.  I hope yours is a joy-filled day.

Barb

In God We Trust

4 comments:

Heather Huggins said...

Oh My!! It's beautiful!!

Mary G said...

oohh thats stunning-love your use of flowersoft
hugs mary g

Donalda said...

This is just beautiful dear, Love the flower soft
Thanks for joining us at WOJ

Myrt said...

Oh my, isn't Willow a gorgeous bride! Beautiful embellies too, Barb....so stunning!