Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Bah! Humbug! Challenge #2 --- Using New or Nearly New Stash

For the second challenge at Bah! Humbug! the theme is to use new or nearly new stash to make a Christmas card.  I have several images already colored for Christmas, but didn't get onto cards.  So, I pulled out this Whiff of Joy image.  Actually it is two images in one.  The "Sled Packed with Gifts" and "Freezing Willow" images were new for this winter/Christmas season.  I stamped Willow, then masked her so I could stamp the sled for her to sit on. 


The image is colored with Copics on PaperTrey white card stock, inked with Memento Tuxedo Black.  The papers are actually from my 2008 Christmas stash, but I don't remember the collection.  Scraps are scraps!  The foam glitter snowflakes were from the kids crafts area at Michael's and the glittery icicle "grass" is from the floral department at Michael's. 


I have to say that Bah! Humbug! is probably going to be my best incentive for getting a head start on Christmas cards for 2010.  Thanks to Ann, Irene, and Max for such a great challenge idea!

Thanks for stopping by!  I appreciate your visits and comments and look forward to visiting your blog, too.
Blog Signature

7 comments:

Always with a Sentiment said...

Another beauty Barb. You are going to be so organised this year.
Love the image and the colours, gorgeous.
Happy Crafting.
Love Sandra xx

Lynette said...

Totally amazing! Your coloring has to be the best I've seen! And the rest of the card is beautiful, also.

Mina said...

stunning card Barb, your colouring is just gorgeous and how sweet does she look in these lush colours
Mina xxx

DonnaMundinger said...

So you beat me but I'll be working on mine TODAY! Such a fun challenge blog. You've got to teach me the masking technique, Barb, this turned out so cute! xxD

Annie said...

oh wow what a beautiful combination of stamps and your colouring is just lovely. Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Bah! Humbug! It's a stunner.
Ann xxx

Irene said...

Oh my your card is stunning. What a fantastic idea to use two stamps and mask one off. Gorgeous colours coloured in wonderfully. I love your Christmas paper.

Thank you for joining us at Bah!Humbug.

luv
irene
xxxx

Max said...

Another beauty to add to your collection Barb. Your colouring is just wonderful - I still need a lot of practice.
Thank you for once again joining in and supporting us at Bah! Humbug! this week.

Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx