Sunday, January 10, 2010

Sunday Sketch and Stamp Challenge #19 --- Clare's Sketch

Happy New Year, everyone!  Here we are with the first Sunday Sketch and Stamp Challenge of 2010!  Clare has a fabulous sketch for us to use this fortnight.  Before I reveal the sketch and my card, I just want to thank everyone for participating in our 2009 challenges.  We just started off a few months ago and, thanks to support from awesome crafters like you, we have grown rapidly and having a great time!  I hope you continue to join us in the coming year, because it just gets better and better!

Now, here is Clare's wonderful sketch:



And here is my take on her sketch.  The sketch was a lot of fun and definitely a keeper!


The image is from the Sophisticated Ladies collections at Rubbernecker Stamp Company.  I have several of these images and love them all.  She is colored with Copics.  I don't mention this as often as I should, but I have to tell you that I get fantastic results using the white cardstock from Papertrey Ink and stamp the images with Memento Tuxedo Black.  I don't have to set the ink with heat and there is no bleeding with the Copics.  The cardstock is smooth and very sturdy at 110 lbs. 

All of the designer paper is from the gorgeous new "Belle Cafe" stack from DCWV.  With a Parisian influence, right down to a beret-capped dachshund, it was a great choice to go with this sophistacated lady!



I'm looking forward to seeing all your creations in the coming weeks!  Please be sure to check out the awesome projects from our design team, and pay a visit to other participants, too!  You won't be disappointed!

Thanks for stopping by!

Barb

In God We Trust

4 comments:

Always with a Sentiment said...

Hello Barb. Gorgeous card, love that image so beautifully coloured. Great colour combination too. Very classy.
Happy Crafting.
Love Sandra xx

Heather Huggins said...

CUTE!! love that image!! I got my butterflies they are awesome!!!

Myrt said...

..oooooooo.....I looooooove your sophisticated lady, Barb - she's gorgeous - what a classy looking card!

DonnaMundinger said...

Oooh La La Barb! So chic and I want her outfit! Love this! xxD