Sunday, July 19, 2009

Whiff of Joy Challenge #39

It's been a beautiful weekend here in southwestern Missouri. Very mild temperatures, dry air and lots of sunshine. Great for sitting on the deck and watching the wildlife in the country. We have three little ground squirrels (I thought they were chipmunks) and they are so fun to watch chasing each other in the grass!

Well, on to the Whiff of Joy Challenge #39. This week it is piercing. I could do anything I wanted to as long as there was some paper piercing. I hadn't done any before, but bought the pad and piercer (that is one scary tool!) and some patterns so I was ready to go. Guess what? I love paper piercing!

For this card I used Willow and Toddler from the latest kit, Weddings and Babies. All of these new stamps are sweet and I like to color them in very light shades. So, I used Copics BV0000 for Willow's dress and BG0000 for the baby's layette. These are two of the 12 newest, palest shades of Copics and I don't know what I did without them!

Other details of the card:
DP: Basic Grey Wisteria
CS: Bazzill lavender and misc. ivory
Tools: Cuttlebug Dotted Swiss embossing folder; Nestibilities label die; Martha Stewart leaf punch
Embellies: Off-white roses, 1/8 inch satin ribbons, Joy tag from my stash
Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate the time you spend here and the comments you so kindly write. Don't forget about the blog candy I am offering to celebrate my first blogoversary!
Barb
In God We Trust

6 comments:

BA said...

wonderful card, love the piercing and the flowers
xoxo BA

Lauri said...

Beautiful!! Angels Landing has a a whole set of piercing backgrounds and borders...check it out! Plus a flower set of patterned flowers to pierce...it is a great technique! I love how you added the patterns to this card!

Lynette said...

So, so, so beautiful, Barb!!

Myrt said...

Hi Barb:
Oh my word, this card is "out of this world"! How stunning - beautiful as always. Your paper piercing is fantastic (I bet we'll be seeing more now that you like your new toy) and your little bouquet of flowers with the many ribbons - superb. I love it!

Joan Ervin said...

Wow, Barb, your coloring on that adorable image is FABULOUS and what a gorgeous flower grouping....love every little detail!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

I like the fact you used the pearcing on the back of the nestie i also really like the flowers buched with different thin shades of ribbon teuly lovely card Barbra

Love Dawn xx