Wednesday, July 22, 2009

A Tribute to a Special Artist Who Taught Me.......

.... that white space is OK! If you don't already know Lynette over at My Stamping Addiction you just must check out her awesome cards. Lynette's cards are stunning in their simplicity. She makes it look so easy! But for someone like me who likes lots of texture and embellies it is not that easy to leave a lot of white space. But, in Lynette's honor, I used the old rule K.I.S.S., Keep It Simple, Sister!

Some folks have been asking me for simple note cards so, a couple of days ago I dedicated my cardmaking time to making note cards that are simple elegance (I hope). Thank goodness for my Cuttlebug, Nesties, and pop-ups. For this first batch I used a package of 3-D stickers from K & Company. These just stand alone and don't need much else. Scraps of card stock work really well on these note cards, too. So, what do you think?





But I didn't stop here! These were so much fun, that I took some image I had colored but no particular card sketch to use them on. So, more K.I.S.S:



So, Lynette, thank you for sharing your Stamping Addiction with us. Now I am addicted to elegant simplicity!
Please pay Lynette a visit. And if you are like me, try K.I.S.S --- you'll get hooked!
During my first year of blogging I learned so much from everyone in blog-land. Who knows? There just might be another tribute this week!
Barb
In God We Trust

9 comments:

Lynette said...

Oh wow! What a (very pleasant!) surprise!!! I can't believe that someone who makes such beautiful cards could be inspired by ME. Thank you so much for the tribute. I love your cards, by the way - you did them very, very well!

SemSee said...

Oh WOW Barb! These are fabulous - really elegant! Oh dear...I think I just might have to have a go myself! LOL! [and I know if I do, I will DEFINITELY get hooked..LOL!!] Thanks for sharing, hun! Hugs, Sem xx

Unknown said...

I like you find this so hard. I feel I haven't put enough effort in to making a card if they look like this.

But they are lovely really lovely. Did you make the bags too? I haven't seen these 3D stickers from K& Co I agree they look great, it's so hard not to want to put lots of layers on.

maybe I should have a go too

Love Dawn xx

Lauri said...

This is so inspiring! I have such a touch time with simple cards because I always feel like they are missing something! but your cards are gorgeous!

DonnaMundinger said...

Oh wow Barb, these are fabulous! I hear ya about white space but these are definitely inspiring! To cute for words! xxD

Lorie said...

Barb, these are fantastic!! I have SUCH a hard time with CAS cards. You've done a beautiful job with them, and have inspired me to give it a go! Thanks for sharing!!

Love Ya!
Lorie

Myrt said...

Barb, these note cards are beautiful! They do look elegant and I think I might just have a try myself.

Penny said...

I absolutely LOVE the purse cards!!!!

Carolyn Bounds said...

I freak out when there is too much white space!!! I suppose I like "Busy" hahaha!!! I am always in awe of those talented people who can make elegantly simple cards. Now, I am totally in awe of YOU because you can do elaborately detailed and elegantly simple beautifully!!! I love all of these wonderful creations, and the purse cards are divalicious!!!

Hugs!
Carolyn