Thursday, January 22, 2009

Whiff of Joy Challenge #15


Well, not only did I jump right to work on this week's challenge, but I had so much fun I did three cards!! Actually, I did three more cards, too, but they aren't for the challenge, so you'll just have to come back to see them ;-) .

Lizzie with a muff is one of my favorite images --- ok, so they're all my favorite images! Here I matched Lizzie with K&C double-sided DP, punched the border with Martha Stewart, cut the circles with Nesties in my Cuttlebug and "aged" them with Memories Sepia dye. The flowers are some I have in my stash and the sentiment is SU. Lizzie is colored with Copics. The inside sentiment is from JoAnn's.





This little Lizzie is just too adorable! She also colored with Copics and matched up with DP from K-ology. I used my new Nesties for the center pieces (I'm hooked on Nesties, too), Martha Stewart punch for the border, woven trim in blue and green stripe, and SU sentiment. The inside sentiment is from JoAnn's.




The third card is little Lizzie again, colored with Copics and matched up with Heidi Grace double-sided DP. The border is Martha Stewart punch and the centerpieces are cut with Nesties. The outside sentiment is SU and the inside, again is from JoAnn's.


I can't wait to see what next week's challenge will be! Yeah, I'm hooked.

14 comments:

Joan Ervin said...

OMG, What fabulous cards!!! The images are sooo cute and what can I say about your coloring....absolutely gorgeous!!! I love all the colors, papers, scallops, embellies...awesome work, Barb!!!

Rach said...

oh wow, how beautiful, your cards are all fantastic..thank you for joining us for the woj challenge. hugs rachxx

DonnaMundinger said...

Barb, your cards always amaze me! The coloring is just exquisite and your choice of papers and embellies show the darling images off to their best advantage. FABULOUS! Hugs, D

Nancy said...

Wow, wow, and wow!!! These cards are all great. I especially love the first Lizzie card...the colors, the papers...very vintage looking - my kinda thing! :) Your coloring is breathtaking, as always!

Jak Heath said...

How gorgeous these are, just awesome, keep up the great work.
Love the scrapbook of cards I collect old greeting postcards and love reading them some I have are over 100 years old.

Powerful Search Engine said...

Hi Thanks for popping by my blog and for your kind comments! I love your cards and your colouring is just amazing! Pascale :)

Heather said...

I'm giggling Barb - I see you 'really, really' like this layout don't you. It takes me all my time to do one card - three (all gorgeous) - you amaze me. I think the top one has to be my favourite, I love the colours and papers.
hugs Heather xx

Andrea said...

Both are gorgeous! Love the brown-blue combination, it looks like a little bit of vintage

Aija said...

You have been busy lady! Love all these cards, so great details and beautiful papers. Maybe the first one would be my choise :)
Hugs,
Aija

Myrt said...

Oh my word, Barb....you are amazing. Golly, I think I'm liking "vintage" more and more and because of your wonderful creations. Your colouring is awesome - dare I even try! Beautiful work as always, my friend. I'm glad Betty Boop made you giggle (lol)

Bev said...

Oh my goodness, you sure rocked this sketch Barb, thre stunning cards but the first one is utterly exquisite!

hugs Bev x

cats whiskers said...

Three beautiful cards wonderful colouring and colours but that first one has stolen my heart, thanks for joining us this week
Hugs Jacqui x

Anonymous said...

Winter trimmed outterwear looks so very comfy! Bring it on, girl! We are in the throws of a full blown blizzard following a quickly arriving cold front which froze slush as ice then covering it with a layer of white. Out on the open road we were in blowing snow and colder road surfaces which was a relief....no ice, yet. Made the home front with massive sighs of relief only to muse over your gorgeous winter garb gals. Thanks for the perky sight while I wind down from the commute!
Blessings.

Carolyn Bounds said...

Okay...these beauties did make me drool a little;o) How gorgeous!!! Paper perfection at its finest!!!! Every detail is exquisite, and your coloring is WOW!!! And, I mean *W*O*W*!!!!

Love and hugs!
Carolyn