Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Twin Willows

I had colored a couple of images of Willow with her umbrella, then found this beautiful paper in my stash. So with Martha Stewart's picket fence border punch and her branches punch I created a couple of very simple cards to cheer up any rainy day. I like texture on cards so the clusters of punched branches in coordinating colors brought the background forward! Fun!


However, I don't like my glitterwork, so these cards will just remain in my personal collection as lessons learned. I do like the coloring on Willow --- a bit different than I have been doing --- so, again, lessons learned.
Thanks for stopping by!

11 comments:

~JulieH~ said...

Oh Barb these cards are adorable. She looks perfect on that gorgeous background and the MS fence an ferns just bring the card to life setting a lovely scene. I love them both!

Juliexx

Lynette said...

Oh, these are awesome! Your coloring and cutting are fantastic, and I love that picket fence punch. Seems to me like I've passed on that one before - I might have to re-think that! :)

Myrt said...

Barb - beautiful cards as always - your colouring is so realistic and the punched graphics add to it all as well. Well done, my friend!

DonnaMundinger said...

Oh Barb I love how dimensional these are! Just darling! What's wrong with your glitterwork? xxD

Nancy said...

Barb, these are gorgeous! Your coloring of Willow is perfect, as always. That background DP is beautiful, and the added branches are so perfect!

Julie said...

These cards are so beautiful Barb. I love the light and shading. You are so clever!
Also thank you so much for my award. I only noticed the posting the other day and I have not had chance to post on my blog. Thanks it is so kind of you
Hugs
Julie

Nestor Family said...

You do not need to keep these in your personal stash! Have you read the comments here? :-)

These are great!

Carolyn Bounds said...

These cards are FABULOUS!!!! I cannot for the life of me see any faults with these beautiful creations!!! I love them both!!! I think you should spread more love by sending these beauties out:o) Or, do you really just want to keep them all to yourself;o)

Love ya!!
Carolyn

Carolyn Bounds said...

I received the goodies you sent:o) Thank you!!! Thank you!!!! THANK YOU!!!! I love them all:o)

Big, grateful hugs!!!
Carolyn

Chrissie said...

Just stunning Barb!
I love the way you've used your punches to merge the paper with your image, so clever.

me said...

I think these are my favorites so far - what don't you like?