Thursday, January 8, 2009

Call Out for Copic Vendors!


I have been bitten by the Copic bug! I have found them to been in short supply locally, and have found online suppliers. But I continue to look for good prices, of course, and selection. I am in the US but am also interested in online locations in Canada for a dear friend who is ready to take the plunge.

I have another question: I ordered a couple of sets and when I got them they are the Copic Ciao, not the Sketch. Other than the difference in barrel shape they appear to be the same. But, all you experts out there, can you tell me what the other differences might be?

Reaching out is one of the greatest things about blogging. So thank you in advance, for all your help!

7 comments:

Nancy said...

Wow...more of your gorgeous girls! Your coloring is just beautiful!

Joan Ervin said...

What gorgeous coloring on these darling images....you have certainly mastered the copic technique!!!

DonnaMundinger said...

Hey Barb, Don't have any Copics (yet) but you might pop over to Candice's blog and ask her. She's a certified Copic designer and teaches classes. Here's the link http://rubbahsoul.blogspot.com/.

Myrt said...

Hi Barb:
You are so sweet, here you are looking out for me again - I have been browsing for copic markers but haven't come across a good price yet.....I just visited another blog and you might like to read about copic markers there. They talk about a couple varieties.
Thanks for your comment on my fashion card and Ashley loved it - she is 23 now.

http://susiesunshines.blogspot.com/2009/01/copics-or-copic-ciaos.html

Otava said...

I really enjoy your blog and your gorgeous colouring! I don't have Copics...yet...but there's an awesome blog

http://ilikemarkers.blogspot.com/

with just about every tip under the sun!

Lauri said...

I have Caios that I share with my daughter who is an art student...I think the Ciaos are good for a beginner. Cost? well, I buy mine 6 at a time through Gina K. They are not any cheaper, but I can handle $25 a month! Also, I know you can sometimes get them through Anime dealers on ebay. I am also trying out the letraset Tria markers to compare, since they are a bit cheaper.

Anonymous said...

One of my friends told me you had been on her blog page and asked about Copic markers. I see you have some responses but I do sell the Copic CIAO markers. They now retail for around $4.25 to $4.30 since the price just went up -- but I sell them for $3.50 each. I have a wide variety of colors in stock....I am willing to order additional ones. You can contact me by emailing vboddicker@aol.com