Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Reveal Number One

While I am still in the assembly mode, I do have one card to reveal tonight.... drum roll, please!

It was love at first sight when I saw Willow and all her friends and images! When I finally got Willow with the lantern I couldn't wait to shade those wonderful folds and try different colors and media.

This card uses DCWV Glittered Christmas Stack papers and some metallic trims. I love that stack because it has some unconventional color combinations, like pink and black or lime green and pink, or burgundy and forest green. This selection looks like holly leaves and whimsical red flowers on a black background. I had already colored Willow with water color pencils creating a grey-ish gown and red trim, so this was the perfect background for her. Framed in metallic black seems a bit odd for Christmas, but very rich. The red velveteen bow helps to draw out the red more and is undoubtedly a Christmas touch.

I'll have more cards to reveal now that I am getting them all put together! Let me know what you think!

4 comments:

Ryann said...

Barb this is simply gorgeous! Your coloring is superb and what a wonderful design.

Carolyn Bounds said...

Is there a word stronger than gorgeous? If you know one, insert it in the blank...Your card is stunning...absolutely, positively, (insert the word here)!!!! I love this card!!! Now, the question is...when are YOU moving in next door so we can stay up all night stamping and eating chocolate? I hope you say you are already packed and on your way:o) Love ya, girl!!!

Hugs!
Carolyn

~JulieH~ said...

Oh she's beautiful! Your colouring is superb. I love the whole design of the card!

Juliexx

Myrt said...

...oh Barb, isn't she beautiful! You've done a fantastic job....can't wait to see the next one!