Monday, April 19, 2010

Two Cards..... Two Challenges: WOJ and CCC

After a very busy weekend I treated myself to a 3-hour nap today.  I'm not a napper, but it really was rejuvenating because I was able to get into the studio and finish two cards for two of my favorite challenges.

First is the Whiff of Joy Challenge #75 using the colors yellow and green with an additional color.  I added pink to the mix. 



This image from last year's WOJ summer kit is colored with Copics YG23, Y08, and RV25, primarily.  The dp is from my scrap pile and had all the colors I wanted for this warm, summer card.  The flowers are Prima "Got Flowers" (there's a LOT of flowers in that little jar!), the label sentiment from KI Memories, and the embossed flowers are Cuttlebug border folder.  It's all topped of with little pearls and delicious ribbon from the Target dollar bin (can you believe it?!).  I don't know about you but I am craving lemonade right now!

_________________________________________________

Now for the Copic Colour Challenge #60.  It's a great color combination that lent itself well to a card for a little boy to give to his mama for Mother's Day.



I didn't have the exact Copics so I used B91, E49, and Y21, primarily.  I was really surprised to find this dp in my scrapbook stash.  It contains all of these colors!  The image is a cutie from Mo Manning called "Sorry", and I think he also works well for a Mother's Day card.  The ribbon is from the Michael's dollar bin (gotta love those dollar bins!) and the sentiment is computer generated.

What mama could resist this little face?

So many cards to make......... so little time!  No more 3-hour naps for me!

Thanks for stopping by!  Your time and comments are so appreciated.  I hope your week is fantastic!

Blog Signature

5 comments:

Chrissie said...

What gorgeous creations Barb, I love the image from Mo (what's new there then, I hear you ask)
Wonderful colouring as always my dear friend.
Glad to hear that your nap did you the power of good, I often have to have these now. Do you think we're getting older? LOL!

Lynette said...

Wow - two WONDERFUL card, Barb! Fantastic coloring, of course, and great layouts.

Heather Huggins said...

Both totally adorable.. Love the embossed flower on the top one..

Myrt said...

....ooooooooooo your WOJ card is gorgeous. I love the bright colours, Barb and all those darling flowers - Wowsers - totally amazing.
The little boy graphic is so cute and I love how you've coloured him. DP paper is perfecto!

DonnaMundinger said...

Wow Barb! Love the color combo on your WOJ and how beautifully all of the flowers go with that embossing. Gorgeous! Love that little red headed mop top too. Really darling! xxD