Saturday, April 17, 2010

A Dragonfly for Luck

During my recent hiatus I missed a few of my favorite challenges, even though I had the card pieces laid out and ready to assemble.  One of those cards was for the Whiff of Joy Challenge #72, a beautiful sketch by Bev,  and I cased Paola's nifty idea to made this into an accordian-fold card. The papers are from Heidi Grace Designs -- love these colors!


The stamps are from the new Blooming Spring collection, only available at retailers.  The images are so lovely and really put me in the mood for all things garden.  This bird bath is colored with Copics W0, W1, W3, W5.  The water is B12, B16, B18.  Various shades of YG and G for the vines climbing the stem.  I love dragonflies and sometimes I think I bought the kit for this cutey!  He is colored with Copics G0000, G00, V0000, V000, V01 and coated with Spica gel pens lilac and clear.  Rhinestones add more glitter and complement the swirls in the dragonfly's wings.

Thanks for stopping by today.  I know how busy your weekends are.  Be sure to stop by the Sunday Sketch and Stamp challenge blog tomorrow.  We are celebrating our 1 year anniversary and have some fun things in store for you!  You just might see some more spring in bloom here ;-)

Blog Signature

1 comment:

Myrt said...

Oh Barb, this is one beautiful card and you are right about the colours - I love them too. Glad to see you back and posting. Awesome creation, my friend.