Saturday, March 20, 2010

Whiff of Joy Challenge #71 - Easel Card

Wow, it has been a few days since I posted a card!  Not long ago I was ahead of things, this week I've been quite distracted.  But, I did finally finish my card for the Whiff of Joy challenge.  This week the theme is easel card.  I so love to make easel cards!  And I have a very special one for this challenge. 

One of the highlights of my week was getting the new WOJ Blooming Spring stamp kit.  This kit is available at stores only and I was able to get mine from Stamp and Create.  Talk about getting in the mood for spring!  I also incorporated the WOJ Tutorial for making a 3D aperture easel card.  This is such a sensational card and really quite easy to make.  Oh, but that's not all!  The fabulously talented Heather at Rica's Haven generously shared her tutorial for making an "envelop/box" for these especially thick cards.  Without further ado, here is the whole project:

This gorgeous is the new Penny Lane collection from My Mind's Eye.  All the die cuts and the aperture are cut with Nestibilities.  The images are colored with Copics:  Hair: E41, E35, E31; Skin: E00, E000; Dress: R22, R27, R29; Apron E41.  Bouquet and tulips BV11, BV13, BV04 for flowers and YG23, YG25, YG00 for the leaves.  The sentiment is part of the WOJ stamp kit and I stamped it with Memento Tuxedo Black on PaperTrey white cardstock, which is the combination I use for all of my stamping.  It works great with the Copics!  The red gingham ribbon just seemed perfect as a finishing touch.

Here are more views of the card and box:





So many inventive cards are popping up everywhere and I just love them all!  One other thing about this envelope box is that it also fits inside the Clear Bags box for extra protection.

I'm so glad you stopped by today and I hope you like the projects.  If you like these then you will LOVE the projects over at WOJ and the other links above. 

Have a great weekend and come back soon!

Blog Signature

8 comments:

coops said...

wow, what a truly fantastic card, the image is gorgeous and i love your colours and papers.luv coops.xx

Chrissie said...

Love both your card and the envelope/box Barb!
I made one of these but it didn't turn out as well as yours (I'm useless at following directions LOL!)
Hope you're keeping well?
lol Chrissie xx

DonnaMundinger said...

Oh Barb this is soooo FABULOUS! You know me and dimension so you know how much I LOVE it! Gorgeous colors too. I love making enveloboxes. They make everything all the more special. Beautifully done! xxD

Nancy said...

This is gorgeous, Barb! Easel cards are one of my favorites, and I love this shadowbox effect you added to yours! Stunning!

Renkata said...

Wow such a gorgeous card. I love the colour red, great work.

Donalda said...

What a beautiful card dear. Thanks for joining us at WOJ

Stampin Mindy said...

Wow, incredible! I love the 3d. very creative! Thank you for joining us at Whiff of Joy!

Myrt said...

Wowsers - what a fabulous card, Barb! It truly is a "beauty"!