Sunday, March 7, 2010

Two Challenges, Two Color Themes


Whiff of Joy, one of my favorite challenges as well as stamp creators, has a color theme this week which tingles the senses of taste and smell as well as sight.  Coffee and Cream --- Mmmmm!

WOJ's "Willow Reading a Story" is such a sweet image.  I've colored it a couple of times, but this one I really like.  The warm coffee colors make this scene look like a quiet evening of reading and togetherness.  I used Copics E07, E17, E29, E31, E37, and E41 along with E00 and E000 for the skin.  The DP is from a brand new DCWV collection called "At Home".  Flowers from my stash, and a lovely angel charm from Blue Moon Tokens.

Copic Colour Challenge, because I LOVE Copics, presented quite a challenging color theme.

I didn't have the exact colors so I substituted BG13 and B91.  I do have Y21, which I use a lot!  For depth and shading I used BG10, B95, and Y15.  Here is my card:
The illustration is the adorable "Savannah on Easter" by Mo Manning, a brand new digital image.  She absolutely makes me laugh!  The DP is from Making Memories "English Garden", which I am going to miss when I use it all up!  Flowers, ribbon, and buttons are from my stash.
I hope you enjoyd looking at my cards as much as I enjoyed creating them.  I've had the opportunity to meet so many incredibly talented people in this blogging community.  The inspiration, sharing and encouragement I've received makes this the greatest network for our craft.  So, many thanks to all who visit here and for your comments.  Please be sure to visit Whiff of Joy and Copic Colour Challenge for more inspiration and oooos and aaaahhhhs!

Have a wonderful week!
Blog Signature

4 comments:

Always with a Sentiment said...

WOW Barb. You have put so much work into these. Both of them are just gorgeous. Beautiful images and your colouring is just perfect. Fab designs. You are so very creative.
Happy Crafting.
Love Sandra xx

cats whiskers said...

Two beautiful cards perfect colouring on both of them and lovely choice of papers, thanks for joining WOJ this week
Hugs Jacqui x

MiamiKel said...

Barb, omgoodness -these are stunning! Sooooo cute, so rich in detail and color! What an amazing set of cards! :)

Jane Wetzel said...

this is so darn sweet! :) thanks for joining us at Copic Color challenge!