Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Mo's Digital Pencil Challenge #23 --- Three Punches

AACCKKK!  I've had so much on my mind lately that I nearly forgot to post this!  I didn't get the photo in natural light, so there is a bit too much yellow.  Yuk.  But, here is a quick post to show my card for Mo's Digital Pencil Challenge #23.  This week the challenge required the use of three punches.  What a cool concept for a challenge! 

I love this new illustration of Sydney on Easter.  Always a fan of frilly dresses and pantaloons (bloomers) this was very fun to color.  I've been trying really hard to make note of the Copics I used by writing them on the back of the image in the margins.  But then I used most of the margins and adhered it to the card........ so, suffice to say I used yellows and yellow reds.  The designer paper is from Making Memories Flower Patch collection and is so perfect for spring and Easter.  The flowers are a variety of silk flowers stems.

Now to the punches:  All are Martha Stewart.  The bottom edge is the popular lattice style. For the center piece I tried out the new corner/border punch-around-the-page coordinates.  This is the pansy pattern.  Technically it is two separate punches but one design.  I like it!  For good measure I used one of the Butterfly punches and added pearls to the body.


So, a quick thank you to you all for stopping by!  I can't wait to see what the next challenge will be over at Mo's!  If you aren't into Mo's illustrations yet --- watcha waitin' for?  They are digital and fun, fun fun! 

Blog Signature

8 comments:

shulsart said...

Well, this is just precious. I love your coloring and the bright happy colors you chose. Thanks for joining in on the fun at Mo's challenge blog.

Chrissie said...

Another stunning 'Mo' card Barb, I think you may have more of these images than I do now! LOL!
A fabulous easter image and beautifully coloured, as always.

Elaine L. said...

Wonderful! Love the peach and green. Thanks for joining us in Mo's Challenge this week.

Lynette said...

So pretty and wonderfully done! I love the punches:) And the coloring is marvelous.

The Wired Angel said...

Fantastic card for the challenge Barb! Thanks for sharing your creativity and for joining us at Mo's challenge this week! Hugs, Peggy

Nancy said...

This image is too cute! Love the card, Barb!

DonnaMundinger said...

Oh this is soooo precious! LOVe that pansy punch and I haven't had a chance to use it yet. the colors you chose on this are absolutely divine! GORGEOUS! xxD

Leigh said...

Barb, I love this card! It is so happy. Love the border and the image. Your coloring is beautiful.