Tuesday, April 14, 2009

One Card --- Two Challenges!

I hope everyone had a wonderful and blessed Easter weekend! This is the first day I've had time to make any cards. I really missed the time in my studio, so today made me feel great!

This card actually fits two challenges. The first one is the Whiff of Joy weekly challenge #25, which I always love and, again, got in under the wire. The sketch by Katharina was such fun. The second challenge is the very first for Copic Creations and is coloring faces and skin tones.

Our beautiful Willow is sitting in a bed of flowers. She is colored with Copics and the flowers were pulled from a $1.00 stem from Walmart (talk about economical!), dipped in glitter and held together with simple white brads. The DP is Basic Grey's Porcelain Collection. It is so delicate and charming. The bottom edge is made with one of my favorite Martha Stewart edge punches.



Thank you for stopping by for a look! I'm looking forward to more time in the studio this week. Spring is finally making a more colorful showing here in SW Missouri and I hope you all are enjoying this beautiful season, too.

7 comments:

~JulieH~ said...

Oh Barb I kbow i keep saying this but your colouring skills really bring your images to life! She looks adorable sat on the bed of flowers with her dress perfectly matching the flowers. Another beautiful creation.

Hugs
Juliexx

Denise Marzec said...

Ohhhhhh, this is beautiful! Love the sparkle on the flowers, the elegant DP, and your coloring is OUTSTANDING!!

Lynette said...

Beautiful card! Cute image and well-colored, pretty flowers.

Leigh said...

Barb, What a sweet card! So Pretty. Love the papers.

Myrt said...

....oh Barb, this is so darling.....I love pinks/roses/greens together and what a sweet image. Totally awesome, my friend.

Carolyn Bounds said...

Such a sweet and elegant card! I love its delicate and dreamy quality, and your coloring is out-of-this-world PERFECT!!! You always make the most awe inspiring creations!!! I am totally in love with this beauty:o)

Hugs!
Carolyn

Jami said...

Beautifully colored! I just love the shading on her face - Wow!!