Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Another Favorite Sarah Kay....

This is going to be a very busy week with my brother and his fiance coming this weekend, cleaning house, and doing taxes (yep, I procrastinate out of fear!). I still want to get entries in my favorite challenges and maybe a surprise or two this week!

The card I have today is from a sketch I found on Tina's Kreativblog back in February. Do you hang on to favorite sketches? I have enough to keep me busy for months! Anyway, this sketch was Stamp with Stampavie Challenge #31 and I love the slight angle of the background layer. It does create a bit of an optical illusion, especially with geometric DP. But that is half the fun, right?

So, here is "Puppy Love" and I love this puppy because he reminds me of my three Shih Tzus! Margeux is colored with my beloved Copics and layered on papers from the gorgeous Basic Grey Marrakesh collection. The brads in the upper right corner as well as those in the flowers are from the Marrakesh collection, too. The little puppy is offering a key to Margeaux, so I finally had a chance to use one of the hand-wrought iron keys from my embellies stash.


Here is the sketch. If you haven't used it yet, I recommend it. I'll probably use it again!

Busy week and all, I'll try to get back with something new every day. Yep, I'm hooked!
Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

helen said...

thats a fab sketch hon and i love what you've done with it those papers are yummy ,basic grey is fab, have a good weekend
hugs
helen x

Myrt said...

...oh my, how cute is that! The little puppy is darling as is the little girl and all so perfectly coloured. Love all of your embellies and background papers - nicely done, my friend!

Carolyn Bounds said...

This card is GORGEOUS!!!! I love the vibrant colors, and the patchwork DP brings to mind Holly Hobbie:o) Ohhhhh, want fond memories of have of her!!! Actually, I still have my HH bedding set from childhood, and it has the same colors as is in this fabulous card:o) Your cards always have a way of touching a part of my life and making me smile!!! Your cards are most definitely MADE FOR KEEPS:o)

Love ya lots!!!
Carolyn

Heidi said...

Thank you for your comment, Barb! I see you are still making wonderful and inspiring things here!!! Glad to be in touch again!