Wednesday, March 18, 2009

For a Little Girl's Birthday and for a Friend

Today was a day for laundry and working on house cleaning, so I didn't get any cards made. But I did make several yesterday. I'm showing a couple of those tonight. The others I made yesterday complete the group of cards for the five lovely ladies that won the chance for an original Made For Keeps card and those will be sent out soon. They will be showing them on their blogs (I hope!).

Our Grand-niece will be 5 years this weekend. When my husband showed her a photo of one of my cards she said, "I want one of those!" She liked Willow of Whiff of Joy and all the flowers. So the card below is pink with lots of flowers and with Willow painted with Copics. I think she'll like it (especially with a $5 bill inside --- wink)!



Recently I bought a bunch of new Copic Sketches, especially in pastel colors, and they arrived just in time for the new WOJ Spring images. I am so crazy about the Copics!! I purposely kept the coloring light on this image (those who know me know I love rich colors and deep shading for a near-3-D effect) and I am OK with it. It is such a sweet image, in any case, and the card will be sent to a dear friend.


The last load of laundry is about done (towels) so it is time for a relaxing shower and wrapping up in a fresh towel while it is still warm ..... mmmm. I think a cup of peach herbal tea will make a nice nightcap, too!
Nite-nite! Sleep tight!

6 comments:

Helena (Gvendalen) said...

Oh, so beautiful card! Your Grand-niece and your friend will love them.

Vivi Morais said...

Hi... I loved your cards... they are fuul of details and colors... congrats!!
Hive a nice day!!!
xx

Lynette said...

Really, really cute - both of them! The recipients will be thrilled:)

Nancy said...

Your grand niece will love that card! It's the perfect little girl card. The card for your friend is wonderful as well...your coloring, the flowers, the paper...gorgeous!!!!

Myrt said...

Hi Barb:
Your grand-niece will love the card you made for her - the colours are gorgeous and your copic colouring is superb.
The card for your dear friend is beautiful - love those colours too and so well done, as always!

Anonymous said...

BKW loved hre birthday card it is now on her bedroom wall when asked why she got this beautiful card she said because they love me. gmas wibel