Sunday, March 1, 2009

Charlie In Sepia

Way back in December when I was coloring images for Christmas cards I experimented with monochromatic watercoloring. I liked how this one of Charlie (Whiff of Joy) turned out but didn't get it made into a card. So yesterday, while we had a significant amount of snow gently falling, I retrieved Charlie from the images-in-waiting and put together this little card. The papers are from my scrap drawer and the ovals and rectangles were cut with my precious Nesties. The pewter sentiments reflected what yesterday's gentle snowfall reminded me --- happiness is life's simple pleasures.

Hopefully, it was our last snowfall for this winter and, as much as I love the winter WOJ kids, I am ready to move on to SPRING!


Thank you for stopping by! I hope everyone has a great week!

4 comments:

Nancy said...

This is a wonderful card! Love the layout, and your coloring of course! Great job!

Lynette said...

What a great card! So awesomely colored and what a cute layout. I hope you get spring soon, too:) (I'd like spring for me too!!!)

Michelle said...

Cute card. I love the way the image looks in shades of brown.

Thanks for stopping by my blog. :)

Myrt said...

Hi Barb:
"Charlie" is sooooooooo cute! Your colouring is superb, as always. Lovely card!
Thank you for your nice comments on my blog, Barb. I wish I felt like crafting but I just don't.