Thursday, September 25, 2008

60th Anniversary Card

We are very blessed to have another 60th Wedding Anniversary in our family. My Aunt and Uncle will be celebrating that milestone on October 4, but there is a big shindig going in Newton, Iowa this weekend to celebrate. I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to go, but I am now happy to say that I will be.

In any case I made this card for them. I used white satin finish cardstock and teal cover stock I purchased at Paper Plus in Phoenix. It is actually more commonly used for report covers since the white is 84 lb. and the teal is 105 lb. But I love it for cards. The white was perfect for the Cuddlebug embossing folder (I love my 'bug --- it's a new toy for me).

Since they will also be celebrating their 80th and 82nd birthdays I will make cards for those, also. After spending the past few days printing photos it's good to get back to making cards again.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL... that little kitty kat is soooo cute, I spent a minute playing with him... I gotta get a life.... :)

Barb, your cards are amazing and unique... they most certainly are ' made for keeps'.... you know, I have boxes of cards that I've saved through the years, I just can't seem to let them go.

You are a talented lady.

Barbara said...

Thank you, Carol. I have always loved cards and started making them before it was popular. Those cards were made with lace and beads and glitter paints! I, too, keep cards for years. Every year I put the Christmas cards in a pretty basket then keep them on the china hutch until the next Christmas. I like having some of the holiday held over!

Myrt said...

Hi Barb:
First of all, thank you for being a follower of my blog - I haven't posted much lately but will get busy soon.
Your 60th Anniversary card is awesome and what a handsome couple in your profile pic.
We celebrated our 50th Anniversary in July so I can well imagine the excitement of a 60th.
Take care - and I'll keep my eye on you as well ;)

Lauri said...

How exciting!!!! Glad you are able to go! and the card is stunning!