Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Tulips and Dragonflies


In answer to a layout challenge in the Take Ten magazine I chose to combine stamping with my other passion: photography. I'm not one to use much yellow, though I do love the bright, pure yellow such as this tulip. The photo of the tulip was actually taken in one of the many gardens at Monticello, the home of Thomas Jefferson. Tulips were his favorite flowers and the gardens still contain many different varieties.

Dragonflies are attractive to me because of their wispy wings that are prisms for colors. It doesn't hurt that they are considered good luck. I hope that is the case since I submitted 7 cards of the same layout for publication. I'll show more in future posts. I won't know for awhile yet if I will see my first published card (or cards), but I hope so!

3 comments:

Allison Rankin said...

This is lovely...a really unique layout!

Lauri said...

Very pretty and very different! I like the way you combined the photography into the card!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful. I love the mixed media. - marie