Thursday, July 17, 2008

Crazy About Calico



The calico print used for these cards reminded me a lot of house dresses my grandmother used to wear. (Remember when dressing down for them was a cotton, knife-pleated skirt, shirt-waist dress? Oh, and always stockings, but sometimes rolled down to the ankle.) These prints are timeless and when I want something simple that feels good I turn to these, especially for heritage cards or layouts.

The cardstock is double-sided so the pretty peach was a natural choice for the ribbon and embellishments. The little butterfly on the second card was punched with what I call the "half image punch" so I could fold it open and reveal the butterfly in full calico dress.

I am happy to say that these cards were attractive to at least a couple of visitors to the Branson Craft Mall, because they have both been sold. Woo hoo!

2 comments:

Lauri said...

These are very "vintage" looking, and congrats on the sales!

Allison Rankin said...

These are lovely...great homey look to the DP!