Friday, September 21, 2012

In The Pink with Saturated Canary

Meet Jules by Saturated Canary.  When I saw this image I went back in time a few years......... Ok, MANY years --- when I wore dresses my mom made for me and had as many "can-can" slips underneath as I could manage.  I loved the swish-swish sound and the way the skirt moved!  

I decided to work this up in pink because I found the background paper at Michael's and just had to have a sheet!  So I actually colored the image to match the paper, instead of the other way around.  The solid paper trim is copper metallic.  Kind of a bold choice but it worked somehow.  The pink squares are scraps that miraculously matched the dp.  Jules sits on a classic oval Nesties die cut and a Nesties beaded oval die cut.  The white corners are also Nesties. 

She is colored with Copics.  A couple of the colors are new ones I bought to complete the series of pinks that I wanted and I am happy with the results. Ooooo, I would've so loved this dress as a little girl!  I can even hear it swish!

What was your favorite dress when you were little?

Thanks for visiting!  My next post will be a beautiful enchanted princess.  I hope you come back to have a look.

No comments: