Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Bah! Humbug! #43 --- Die Cuts

Here it is November making Christmas NEXT MONTH!  Yikes!  Thanks to the ladies of Humbug Hall I have many cards already made.  The weekly Bah! Humbug! challenges have provided a variety of lovely cards.  Now, who to send them to.... hmmm.  But, I digress.  We still have several weeks of challenges to look forward to, and this week's card has been very fun to make.



The die cut I used is Spellbinders poinsettias which I added veins of red glitter to and a center of micro pearls.  Each die cut is layered using 3D Dots, doubled in the centers for deeper dimension. The swirl of rhinestones adds more glitz.  The dp is actually from the same sheet that I used on my card that I posted Sunday, only this time you can see more of this beautiful paper from The Paper Studio. 


Here's more of the poinsettia.  The micro pearls in the center are piled on a dot of glue, which at the time I took the photo was still sticky.  It has now dried to clear.  I was chasing the natural lighting to catch the photo!  That's what I get for sliding in under the wire again!


The tag is also a die cut from the Cuttlebug tag folder.  I lightly sanded the embossing to make it more noticable.  The sentiment is by Cornish Heritage Farms and is embossed red glitter.

If you are working on your holiday cards and need some inspiration Bah! Humbug! is the place to go!  Play along with us, too, with your die cut cards.  Have a great week and take care of yourselves. 

6 comments:

Nancy said...

Love those die cuts, and there's that paper again! :) Such a pretty card, and the added bling is gorgeous.
More hugs to you!

Chrissie said...

Just gorgeous Barb!
I love that paper and the tag is fabulous too.
lol Chrissie xx

DonnaMundinger said...

OOOhhh, beautiful, Barb! That reminds me, I think I have that pointsettia. Fabulous, girlfriend. xxD

Annie said...

Hi Barb this is super cool - love that poinsetta - thank you so much for sharing with us again at Humbug Hall.
Ann and Max alias the Humbuggers.
Bah! Humbug! DT

Joan Ervin said...

Ooooh, Barb...what a gorgeous Christmas card!!! The poinsettia is absolutely stunning and I love the papers, bling, and the awesome tag!!!

Lynette said...

So pretty - love your poinsettia! Love that Cuttlebug tag, too.