Sunday, October 30, 2011

Mo's DP2 Challenge 106 - Any Holiday or Celebration

This time of year brings many holidays and celebrations and since Christmas is just around the corner I am really focusing on getting cards made to sell or send.  Mo is always one of my "go to" sites for new and precious images.  The image I used for this week's DP2 challenge is one such image. This is Ragged Angel.  She is so beautiful and just right for vintage-style cards.

I used vintage dp of Christmas scenes (which I have nearly covered over) and sheet music (which I love for Christmas cards) and distressed the edges.  I piled on the antique lace, poinsettias, bling and extra little goodies.  

She is colored with Copics and sprinkled with Stickles for snowflakes.  I really enjoyed coloring this image and will likely do another one, or two. 

I found this lovely sketch at Sasya's Sketches (not sure of the name of the blog -- it is in Russian).  This is an amazing design team and I love looking at their work.  I used one of their sketches for this card, I just turned it on its side.  This week they are doing Christmas cards for children in support of children in orphanages. I wish I could send dozens of angels like Ragged Angel to help those kids.  But for now, I will enter this card in their challenge, too.  

I actually made three cards today, but posting two of them is all I have time for.  The third one will come later and is an image from a fantastic artist who is quickly becoming very popular --- and you will see why tomorrow.  In the meantime, be sure to visit Mo's DP2 and Sasya's Sketches for loads of inspiration. 

Have a great week and take care of yourself.

10 comments:

heidy said...

Hi Barb,such a pretty card!
Beautiful colour!
Hugs Heidy

Tatiku said...

Wonderful card!!! Thank you for playing with SKETCHES!!!

Elaine L. said...

This is such a pretty Christmas card! I love the background paper and all the wonderful embellishments....gives it a very vintage look! Glad you joined us in Mo's Challenge.

Chrissie said...

Another beautiful card Barb, your colouring is always superb!
I really love this image but, unfortunately, it wasn't one of the ones DH chose when I visited Mo's the other day (that'll teach me to let him chose just because I can't make a decision!)
lol Chrissie xx

Dorcas said...

Hi Barb! What a gorgeous layout!! Thanks so much for joining us at MO’s!
Hugs,
Dorcas

Joan Ervin said...

WOW!!! Is this ever gorgeous, Barb!!!! The image is just precious and I love the papers and all the beautiful details you added!!!

Unknown said...

Lovely card! The girl is so sweet! :)
Thanks for playing with s'Sketches!

Dawn B. said...

Awww this is pretty. I love this. Your embellishments are perfect. Great job.

Nancy said...

Oh, Barb...I love how you colored the little Ragged Angel! Wish we lived closer so I could learn coloring technique from you!
Love the card, and there's that paper our great minds used! hee hee!

Hugs to you and Jerry!

Cathy said...

Hey GF, had to comment on your beautiful Ragged Angel. YOur coloring is gorgeous and I love the card you created :)