Friday, September 30, 2011

Three Cards In One Day!

I made three cards today --- and they are all going to the same address!


First, for my niece-in-law, Anita, a birthday card ---- a very special one!  You see, last year I forgot her birthday, which was unforgivable because her birthday is the same day as mine!  

 I chose the image "Take Me Away" by Tiddly Inks.in hopes that Anita can get a few quiet moments on her birthday, even if it is just by looking at the card.  She is the mother of two little children and runs a daycare center.  She is one of the most patient and organized people I know!  The paper is all from the Basic Grey Wisteria collection, except for the metallic blue for the background.  I added lots of bling, lattice lace and a fabric flower by Prima. 

 The image is colored with Copics and the bubbles are spattered with light blue Stickles. 

-----------------------

The second card is for Anita and Alan, my nephew.... and their new baby boy Cohen who was born in July. I haven't met my new little grand-nephew yet, but I will next weekend.  I love holding new babies!

 The image is a Sassy Cheryl digistamp .  I used a variety of patterned papers from my stash, keeping everything in the traditional boy blue.  Besides I like blue!  The white border is Martha Stewart lace punch and the beaded flowers were in the clearance bin at Michael's.  

 The image is colored with Copics, but on paper that I won't use again for Copics.  It bled too easily, especially with the darker colors. 

------------------------

The third card is for my grand-niece, Sienna.  She is Alan and Anita's four year old daughter and Cohen's big sister.  I made this card to make her feel good about being a big sister. She is actually doing great, and has started pre-school so she's feeling like quite a big girl.   

  Inside is a little note to her about being Cohen's big sister like I am her grandpa's big sister and that she will be a terrific big sister. I used Mo Manning's image "Helena and Henry". The card is made from more scraps  from my stash and distressed for texture.  The flowers are mulberry paper flowers and I haven't a clue where I got them.  Those and the center brads are things I've had for ages! The pearls are new, though, from Michael's Recollections.

I colored the image with Copics, of course.  I love this image! I forgot to mention in the other descriptions, but all of the die cuts are Nestabilities.  

All of the cards are neatly packaged and ready to go out priority mail tomorrow.  I'm not missing Anita's birthday this year!!

Thanks for stopping by today!  It is getting quite late so I'll say goodnight and sweet dreams.  Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!

2 comments:

Carmen O. said...

Girl you are on a roll! What wonderful creations these cards are. I love each and every one of them. I'm sure the recipients will treasure them for years to come! That last one holds special memories for me as I am the oldest and my brother is 15 months younger than me, so I was always his "protector" no one was gonna hurt my Sammy!

DonnaMundinger said...

Oh BARB! What gorgeous cards! All three of them! WOW! I'm in AWE! xxD